Anthem Protest Policy: NFL

The name says it all!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Anthem Protest Policy: NFL

Post by abpk2903 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:One of the greatest cons in American history has been the president turning this into an anti-military protest, and people buying it.  
This makes me think that you feel as though the National Anthem is not done to honor those who have/had served and sacrificed for this nation.  I sure as hell don't honor it to support our politicians.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The kneeling protest has never, ever been about the military. The fact that many think it is, is the con in my opinion. They aren't protesting people of the military. Not even close.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

When you protest something designed to honor our service men/women and fallen heros, you 100% make it about the military. If you can’t see that, maybe you are the one that is being coned.  

I compare this protest to the Westboro Baptist Church from Missouri that goes around the country and protests funerals to spread their message against homosexual lifestyles. Are they actually protesting the life of the person who died? No.  Are the disrespecting the ceremony to honor that person? You betcha.  They (just like the anthem protestors) are using the most extreme and disrespectful platform possible to generate a response. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

A persons actions will be percieved by everyone differently. Even if you have no intention to dishonor the country or military by kneeling people have the right to feel that way. There is no right or wrong answer to how people feel
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Crimson and abpk is a perfect example right now why this issue isnt going anywhere :/
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

knowitall wrote:
Manfred wrote:Will this 'new' policy be a unity thing with teams?  What I mean is, will Alex Villanueva be the only Steeler out there standing at attention, hand over his heart, singing the National Anthem while the rest of his teammates are in the locker room checking their twitter and FB accounts, or will he be 'forced' to stay inside with the rest of the ingrates?
Have you pledged your allegiance yet today?
YES, I did, I was @ Curve Stadium.  With the big screen in centerfield running a video that showed and honored the flag and military veterans from raising the flag @ Iwo Jima to many other memorials.  If you don't like it, the border exits, ports, and airports are open to anywhere.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

abpk2903 wrote:When you protest something designed to honor our service men/women and fallen heros, you 100% make it about the military. If you can’t see that, maybe you are the one that is being coned.  

I compare this protest to the Westboro Baptist Church from Missouri that goes around the country and protests funerals to spread their message against homosexual lifestyles. Are they actually protesting the life of the person who died? No.  Are the disrespecting the ceremony to honor that person? You betcha.  They (just like the anthem protestors) are using the most extreme and disrespectful platform possible to generate a response. 
I just don’t see it that way.  I personally don’t see kneeling down as a sign of disrespect.  When Kapernick started to think about a protest, a member of the military suggested that’s what he should do. He said sitting down might send the wrong message. 
But in today’s world, everyone looks for their own outcome to everyone’s actions. 
I don’t see how the military is being disrespected, but that’s just me. 
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

And I can respect that.  I think part of the problem with this and most polarizing issues in this country is people have long struggled with the idea that someone can see things differently yet not be wrong in the way they see things. 
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

The other major problem I see is an obsession with President Trump that is just beyond unexplainable.

For 35% of the country he could save 1,000 babies from a burning building and be criticized for it.
For another 35% of the country he could throw 1,000 babies in a burning building and be praised for it.

It’s the (now smaller) minority that is holding the country together. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Just once, I'd like to see a protester who doesn't believe in supporting the HONOR of the National Anthem, go up to a Vet and tell him/ her  to his/ her face that they don't believe in it.  I'll pay to see it.
It ain't over until it's over.