Anthem Protest Policy: NFL

The name says it all!
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Anthem Protest Policy: NFL

Post by Wrasslerfan »

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... tice-front ill leave this here by the way  this will be the only time i will comment on this.
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
no/excuses
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by no/excuses »

konjo78 wrote:Yeah I guess the video of the beatdown, tazing and arrrest of the milwaulke bucks player was just imaginary
Bucks player was asked to take hand out of his pocket. Refused to comply. Cops took appropriate action. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Yes, I agree. There's a lot of wrongdoing that goes on, but don't give the cops a problem. Resistance is pretty much probably cause. Cops are just as on edge as the citizens are. They want to get hope to their families just the same, so just make it easy.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

oh to grow up white in a white world
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

knowitall wrote:oh to grow up white in a white world
right, because telling a cop no works out better...
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Simple answer.
NFL = Business
NFL Players = employee
Fans = consumer
Owners = Business owners
So, employee takes a personal stand on something they believe in.  Consumers just want to purchase their product without any personal beliefs of an employee.  Business owners figure out employees personal protests are starting to hurt the bottom line.  Business owners care about the bottom line more than they care about employee or consumers beliefs...  Hence business owners make new rule for employees 3 YEARS after protest start once the bean counters got them their figures..
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

makes sense left eye i wonder what would happen if they had done something maybe before last season
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Wrasslerfan wrote:http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... tice-front ill leave this here by the way  this will be the only time i will comment on this.
Hmmm.
It ain't over until it's over.
wpbc
Senior
Senior

Post by wpbc »

Manfred wrote:Will this 'new' policy be a unity thing with teams?  What I mean is, will Alex Villanueva be the only Steeler out there standing at attention, hand over his heart, singing the National Anthem while the rest of his teammates are in the locker room checking their twitter and FB accounts, or will he be 'forced' to stay inside with the rest of the ingrates?
Manfred,
You should know your facts before you spout out your agenda.  The rest of the team (ingrates) were about 5-10 feet away from Villanueva when that happened.
Do you get angry when half the stadium is in line buying beer and nachos during the anthem?  Is that a sign of disrespect.  Do you get angry when most of the LHAC is sitting in their respective locker rooms while the anthem is played most nights just right outside the doors?
I think everyone should stand and pay respects during the anthem, however I also have a healthy respect for individual rights, which the players had until the recent rule change.  I have no problem with the league making the rule change, but I find it funny that people complain about someone exercising their constitutionally protected right as not being patriotic when the men and women in uniform who defend the country do so to ensure those same rights.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Wow, I ask a simple question expecting further intelligent discussion, and I get attacked from you because my opinion about a bunch of overpaid sports figures differs from yours. Some people have to go to the restroom as the Anthem is being played. Some, Like the former POTUS, look the other way and fidget, on camera, rather than pay proper respect. How were YOU raised, to disrespect others, and find fault with long-held standards, because it interferes with your "individuality"? Were you ever in the military?
It ain't over until it's over.