Anthem Protest Policy: NFL

The name says it all!
everett
Junior
Junior

Re: Anthem Protest Policy: NFL

Post by everett »

I think there has been a lot of Body Cam footage in recent months that disputes a lot of this perceived injustices to criminals. Not saying every case is like that, but I'd venture to say there are many, many more like the Mayor's son a couple weeks ago, on to the lady this week who said the cop tried to rape her. And this is what they are kneeling for? Follow authority and in most cases there won't be problems.

As for NFL initiating this rule, they are a business. Much like when you liberals don't like something a conservative says and get he/she fired, this is the same rule. Its about money. Don't whine when the almighty dollar speaks, and it is not to your political agenda.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

knowitall wrote:oh to grow up white in a white world
Save that nonsense.  You realize for someone crying about racial divide, you have just added to it with this assinine sentence.  Everyone is getting real tired of the racial card for every issue.  It is old.  Follow authority and there are usually not issues. 
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Manfred posed the question about Tillman WHEN HE WAS LIVING, not someone speaking up for him after he was gone, putting words in his mouth.
Crimsoncrush67
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Crimsoncrush67 »

Manfred asked a hypothetical question and implied a response. I would trust the words of his family who knew him very well over the the hypothesis of his feelings from random people who never met him from central PA.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

everett wrote:
knowitall wrote:oh to grow up white in a white world
Save that nonsense.  You realize for someone crying about racial divide, you have just added to it with this assinine sentence.  Everyone is getting real tired of the racial card for every issue.  It is old.  Follow authority and there are usually not issues. 
Blah, blah, blah.  Says the white guy who just threw the liberal card!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Trust the words of a family? That's why when someone dies, his family members fight over what they were supposedly told they were going to get.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

My dad was manfred
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
wpbc
Senior
Senior

Post by wpbc »

Manfred wrote:The WHOLE example was based upon the first or second week of the season when Villanueva was the ONLY one who did what was in his heart, his mind, his personal integrity, and he did it.  The rest should have had the backbone to back him up from 3 feet away, not back in the locker room.  That was a little more than 5 or 10 feet.  I was disappointed when he caved in later to his "buddies".  I forgive him that.  Tell me, what do you think Pat Tillman would have done when all this BS started?  FWIW, at FH games, the team is out on the floor when the Anthem is played.  Don't know where you got your info from on that one.  Maybe the rest of the league has gone rogue.
Facts matter. Villanova was not on the field or the sideline. He was at the edge of the tunnel with the rest of the team a couple of feet away. They were not in the locker room. 
wpbc
Senior
Senior

Post by wpbc »

Villanueva. Autocorrect got me.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Your perspective.  Mine was he was outside the tunnel, where he could look directly -AT- the flag and show PROPER respect.  You can rationalize or attempt to justify 'a couple of feet' all you want, but he was doing the right thing.  I'd like to meet your Dad.  We could have a brew and discuss where he ....failed you.
It ain't over until it's over.