Pirates Second Half

The name says it all!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pirates Second Half

Post by 12HankQB »

Wrasslerfan wrote:I'm tired of being  criticized about my opinions
Are you serious? lol, you didn't give an opinion, all you did was criticize a criticizer. Relax pal, we can all coexist.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Pleasantly surprised. Hopefully they can keep it up. Leading most categories post all-star break. Sean Rodriguez is hitting well, which is bad because he'll stick around then. Bell, Moran, Polanco, Marte, Dickerson, Diaz are all on fire and pitching was solid. That was against a bad Reds team, let's see how they do against the Tribe.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

In this nine game winning streak, the Bucs took 1 from the Phils, 2 from Washington, and 5 from Milwaukee, all contenders in the wild card with the Pirates. So they haven't feasted on bad, which is the impressive thing. Heck, it's usually the teams like the Reds that give the Pirates trouble.

I think the streak stops tonight going against Kluber. He's one of the best pitchers in the league. But the streak might stop, but I think the good play can continue. Just don't get swept and you have the Mets coming to town.

Speaking of good pitching, the Pirates will see Jacob deGrom on Saturday night at PNC Park, might be worth going to see that one if you can. deGrom is having one heck of a season.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Freese and Dickerson are the only ones to have faced Kluber. Batting .333 and.667 respectively. Last start Kluber gave up 6 runs and had knee pains. A win tonight would impress me. Dickerson go yard again?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Indians have a great team but they have been off a bit this season compared to some of the other American League powers this year.  Mainly because the AL Central is really bad. 
Winnable series for sure. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Maybe deGrom will be pitching against the Mets in Saturday night!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

10 in a row, rain-shortened 6 inning game.  Pirates were all over Kluber. 

Going for 11 tomorrow. Unbelievable streak right now.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Hopefully they keep it going and win again on Tuesday. That way I can see them win their 12th in a row on Wednesday in person.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

knowitall wrote:Maybe deGrom will be pitching against the Mets in Saturday night!
Maybe Grizzly Adams had a beard...
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

It would probably take one of their current MLB pitchers, Austin Meadows, and another high prospect to bring deGrom to Pittsburgh. If they decide that Dickerson, Marte, and Polanco is the immediate future in the OF, then maybe Meadows becomes expendable. There are some other promising young outfielders in the pipeline (Reynolds, Sanchez, maybe Luplow) as well. They also have the pitching to make possibly a Chad Kuhl or Tyler Glasnow available. Might be worth asking about at least.