What would you do with Bell?

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: What would you do with Bell?

Post by konjo78 »

The only way realistically a trade could happen is if they trade a player for player that clears enough cap space.

I agree 100% with what crimson said! Which is why the steelers should of traded him then instead of being stuck now in a situation everyone saw coming.

Pittsburgh was offering bell a ridiculously amazing contract, 5 years $70 million with majority of it guarenteed. There is a chance free agency wont get close to that deal because no teams pay RBs that much.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I guess my question and the only real logical approach to this would be...can Bell be a starting pitcher in the rotation, because we could use him.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I’m on the side of you’re a Super Bowl contender so u make that run while u got the best RB in the league. Sure if they are a perennial 7-9, 8-8 team then yeah you should’ve dealt him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yeah this might be their last real good run with Ben. Might as well go at with the best players you can. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Yeah this might be their last real good run with Ben. Might as well go at with the best players you can. 
I agree with this premise. Ive just always felt that money would be more effective on more defensive talent. Which is a fair opinion I hope, just like your opinion with bell is fair.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Make him sit in front of the TV and watch that Walmart commercial Ring my Bell until something clicks in his head to stop acting like a clown bro !!! :))
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

exactly now the ques is what could you get for bell in a hypothetical trade
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Crimsoncrush67
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Crimsoncrush67 »

What to do with Bell?

Feed him sparingly, 12-14 touches a game, weeks 1-6, developing Connor et al as much as possible. Increase, to 14-18 touches until after Thanksgiving. Once, home field and/or first round bye(s) secured, rest for 2-3 weeks. Let him feast 18+ touches, in the playoffs. Hopefully, the Ravens/Jags/Texans knock off the Pats, and the Steelers can get past the Ravens/Jags/Texans, or some mixture of that scenario. See who the NFC brings out in the Super Bowl.

His trade value currently is zip, nada, 0. Of the teams with room, no one except maybe the Browns would actually pull the trigger, and who do they have that they would deal, or the Steelers would want especially for the $$? If Bell follows the trend of RBs in the NFL, this year will be his most productive, followed by a steep decline from here on out. Make a run this year and then try to reload.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Crimsoncrush67 wrote:What to do with Bell?  

Feed him sparingly, 12-14 touches a game, weeks 1-6, developing Connor et al as much as possible.  Increase, to 14-18 touches until after Thanksgiving.  Once, home field and/or first round bye(s) secured, rest for 2-3 weeks.  Let him feast 18+ touches, in the playoffs. Hopefully, the Ravens/Jags/Texans knock off the Pats, and the Steelers can get past the Ravens/Jags/Texans, or some mixture of that scenario.  See who the NFC brings out in the Super Bowl.

His trade value currently is zip, nada, 0.  Of the teams with room, no one except maybe the Browns would actually pull the trigger, and who do they have that they would deal, or the Steelers would want especially for the $$?  If Bell follows the trend of RBs in the  NFL, this year will be his most productive, followed by a steep decline from here on out.  Make a run this year and then try to reload.
Good Logic cant disagee with that
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Crimsoncrush67 wrote:What to do with Bell?  

Feed him sparingly, 12-14 touches a game, weeks 1-6, developing Connor et al as much as possible.  Increase, to 14-18 touches until after Thanksgiving.  Once, home field and/or first round bye(s) secured, rest for 2-3 weeks.  Let him feast 18+ touches, in the playoffs. Hopefully, the Ravens/Jags/Texans knock off the Pats, and the Steelers can get past the Ravens/Jags/Texans, or some mixture of that scenario.  See who the NFC brings out in the Super Bowl.

His trade value currently is zip, nada, 0.  Of the teams with room, no one except maybe the Browns would actually pull the trigger, and who do they have that they would deal, or the Steelers would want especially for the $$?  If Bell follows the trend of RBs in the  NFL, this year will be his most productive, followed by a steep decline from here on out.  Make a run this year and then try to reload.
I've seen so many people say, "Run his legs off!!" Which I don't really understand, just use his skills normally to help your team win.