Bell Planning on sitting out games

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bell Planning on sitting out games

Post by konjo78 »

EaglealumsGhost wrote:And if he shows up week 10, those first 10 weeks should Carry over until next November before he becomes a free agent
Only reason i dont agree with this is because he loses money each week he doesnt show up. Plus that could be cap space steelers can use for a mid season pick up! Maybe we can sneaky a key defensive player before the trade deadline with that space
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

say_oww wrote:Why so much hate?  Who wouldn't do the same thing when faced with such a choice?  The NFL has no regard for their own players, whihc is why these kinds of rules are in place to control players for additional years past their rookie contracts.  
As far as the Steelers' loyalty, why don't you give Heath Miller a call???  After all he did for them, including two Super Bowl rings, he was forced to retire - or get released because they wanted to dump salary.  SMH
Faced with his choice?! Being the highest paid back in the league wasn't enough? Because he was hung up on guaranteed money? He put himself into that situation by smoking dope. He's only as good as his offensive line and his TD production was half of what Gurley's was anyways. At this point he can write a rap song about how mistreated he was and earn money that way for all I care
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

So much talk and hate for Bell...  Too bad he doesn't play defense LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

So the new chapter in this saga is the news steelers are listening to trade offers.

Should of listened for the last 18 months, instead of now. Itll be difficult to get anything for a player who shows 0 interest in playing this season
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

And one blunt away from year long suspension, along with contract demands... won’t find anyone... maybe a 6th round pick and a practice squad punter lol
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Only 7-8 teams could actually take him on money wise.  So they have a narrow window to make a deal happen. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I can see Oakland making a strong attempt. If we can get 1 of their 2 1st round picks I would be happy.

If we somehow steal 2 it will be christmas
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Can we get someone who actually plays defense?
It ain't over until it's over.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Everything I've read says the Steelers will be lucky to get a second round pick for him