Steelers

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers

Post by konjo78 »

Except for the dozens of years where if he can play he always plays?????
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Ben is a showman, no doubt about it. He walks around all week with a boot on, then shows up on Sunday's and plays and he's going to be a Hall of Famer. But everyone kind of knows he likes to play up the tough guy act. He wanted to come in and be the savior on Sunday.

That's just my read.

But maybe he did suddenly get healed the second the Steelers started losing and he was unable to play before then.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

Or maybe the coach didn't want him to play unless they were losing. You know the coach that always plays to not lose, instead of play to win.

Who decides when someone plays, the player or the coach? Tomlin admitted Ben was ready earlier. I don't think he told him to get in there. If he did and the player didn't listen, there should be some definite discipline. If the coach isn't the one deciding when someone plays, there is a big problem.
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

My point is that Ben plays into this all the time and that is why he is not looked on as a leader , his teammates even know it. Every single player that puts on a NFL uniform Sunday's is a tough guy, not just Ben. Leadership is what this team is lacking. If you gave Brady the teams Ben has been surrounded with lately he wouldn't have enough fingers for all the rings.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Go into that steelers lockerroom say those words bagman and youd be scolded.

One of the most stupid statements on here is trying to say no one on the team looks at him as a leader
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

Let's see here. 2 time accused , plays the I might retire game , doesn't address team issues , throws teammates under the bus. Not a leader in my book. Hall of Famer for sure just not a leader . Tell me Konjo , how many rings SHOULD the Steelers have won with Ben ? I don't like the Steelers but probably 4 or 5.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

How about time after time after time steeler players have said publicly and shown in games ben in their guy??? If he even gets hit a questionable way his teammates jump to his defense???? If he wasnt their leader theyd never try to defend him or cared to.

The fact you dont like the steelers is the bias thats apparent... Pull your head out of the sand buddy the thing keeping the steelers from the SB has been their defense the past 5-8 years
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

My take is that both Tomlin and Ben thought they could win the game without him in there and rolled the dice to rest him for next week. #fail
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

Tomlin 100% botched that game in every aspect. The decision to go for it on 4th down with your backup QB instead of pinning them deep. The arrogant choice to sit Ben in the second half. The worst however was his refusal to use timeouts after Oak completed the long pass inside the 10. They should’ve gotten the ball back with well over a minute left. Terrible in game decision making!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

12HankQB wrote:Patrick Peterson would've changed this defense 10 fold.
He would have if the Cardinals wanted to trade him, which they didn’t.