Steelers

The name says it all!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers

Post by CCDevil2012 »

TheAnalyst wrote:Or maybe the coach didn't want him to play unless they were losing.  You know the coach that always plays to not lose, instead of play to win.

Who decides when someone plays, the player or the coach?  Tomlin admitted Ben was ready earlier.  I don't think he told him to get in there.  If he did and the player didn't listen, there should be some definite discipline.  If the coach isn't the one deciding when someone plays, there is a big problem.
I agree in most cases but I don’t think Tomlin tells Ben when to play or sit. If Ben wanted to be out there he would have been out there. He’s your franchise and future HOF QB, it’s not the same as, “Hey coach who’s playing this week Ridley or Samuels?”. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

The defense botched the game. Tomlim is #2 culprit right behind them but almost all the blame goes to that defense in the 4th quarter.

I think trainers had more of a say. Lets say ben starts the 2nd half and gets hurt worse? All of the people calling him/tomlin out would be doing the same for having him play.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

A second half was all about steelers redeeming their weak areas. Boswells 48 yard was huge for him and the defense didnt crumble in the 4th quarter. Huge game next week
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

Well they did what they needed to do.  Now 1 win and a Baltimore loss and they win the division.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Win in NOLA? Won't happen.
It ain't over until it's over.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Manfred wrote:Win in NOLA?  Won't happen.
You serious, Clark? They'll blow the Saints out.....then lose to the Bungholes and first round of playoffs. 
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I think this team can win against anyone, anywhere and lose against anyone, anywhere.  I don't think their is a team in the league that has vastly superior talent compared to the Steelers and Ben can always provide a "x"-factor when playing at the top of his game.  At the same time, Ben can throw 4 picks and the defense can be out-schemed on any given week.
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

Manfred wrote:Win in NOLA?  Won't happen.
Won’t win there.  They will win vs Cincy last week of the season and Baltimore will either lose to the Chargers or the Browns the last week.  No way they will both 
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

What are you basing that on?  It's the NFL there isn't such a thing as "no way they will win."  The worst 2 teams in the league both have 3 wins out of 14 tries on the season.  The Steelers have the personnel to beat anyone, anywhere.   I'm not saying they will win but to say they have no shot is baseless. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Steelers have been good on the road this year.

N/O having a short week after a road game this is a best case scenario for pittsburgh. I can see them winning this game close or blowing them out. I dont know which we will get though