agreed 100% konjo78
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers

Post by footballfan1 »

They have to win today and next week to be in correct?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

footballfan1 wrote:They have to win today and next week to be in correct?
They could still win the division with a loss today and win next week if Cleveland beats Baltimore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Wow that PI call.... Reminds me of the false start from sd
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

17-14 NO at half. A lot better than it felt like it should be with the 2 NO td drives being extended by extremely questionable PI calls.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

What a difference officials make in a season.

2 games decided by 3 points featured 2 of the worst calls in the nfl this year that gave opponents free 7 points.

Thats a differende of being the #2 seed and being outside looking in.

You can blame boswell or the d or anything but you can not ignore how 2 horrific calls gave can ruin a season.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Last few weeks have been just gut wrenching! Denver, LA, Oakland, NE and now this. Cannot believe this teams playoff hopes rely on the Browns! Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

They deserved the loss to oak and denver but they did beat the chargers and saints.

No one can argue the refs did not decide the game, or if they do they lose that argument. Its sickening and but it was clear nfl had a NO agenda today
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

I'm guessing that this is one of the first times in NFL history (if not the first) that a team converted 2 fourth downs on PI penalties.  Couple that with the controversy of these calls - the first one being just a horrible call, and if you look at the second one - I think the ball was actually tipped by a lineman (which would have negated the PI).  Also - on the game winning TD - these was a significant push-off by the NO receiver on Joe Haden.  They usually call it when the receiver extends his arm and the defender staggers as Haden did.  I think the Steelers out-played NO today, but that stuff happens.  The Steelers had their chance as they should have beaten Oakland and Denver.  The Oakland game was after two straight losses so looking past them should not have been an issue.  In the Raiders game - the Steelers actually got several calls go their way.  That is where they can blame themselves for not making the playoffs.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

BlueYonder wrote:I'm guessing that this is one of the first times in NFL history (if not the first) that a team converted 2 fourth downs on PI penalties.  Couple that with the controversy of these calls - the first one being just a horrible call, and if you look at the second one - I think the ball was actually tipped by a lineman (which would have negated the PI).  Also - on the game winning TD - these was a significant push-off by the NO receiver on Joe Haden.  They usually call it when the receiver extends his arm and the defender staggers as Haden did.  I think the Steelers out-played NO today, but that stuff happens.  The Steelers had their chance as they should have beaten Oakland and Denver.  The Oakland game was after two straight losses so looking past them should not have been an issue.  In the Raiders game - the Steelers actually got several calls go their way.  That is where they can blame themselves for not making the playoffs.
I cant blame them when there has been 2 clear games this year decided by officials. I blame them for losing to den/oak and tying cle but when you beat LAC and NO only to lose to officiating... Well thats infuriating.