Steelers

The name says it all!
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Steelers

Post by BlueYonder »

konjo78 wrote:
BlueYonder wrote:I'm guessing that this is one of the first times in NFL history (if not the first) that a team converted 2 fourth downs on PI penalties.  Couple that with the controversy of these calls - the first one being just a horrible call, and if you look at the second one - I think the ball was actually tipped by a lineman (which would have negated the PI).  Also - on the game winning TD - these was a significant push-off by the NO receiver on Joe Haden.  They usually call it when the receiver extends his arm and the defender staggers as Haden did.  I think the Steelers out-played NO today, but that stuff happens.  The Steelers had their chance as they should have beaten Oakland and Denver.  The Oakland game was after two straight losses so looking past them should not have been an issue.  In the Raiders game - the Steelers actually got several calls go their way.  That is where they can blame themselves for not making the playoffs.
I cant blame them when there has been 2 clear games this year decided by officials. I blame them for losing to den/oak and tying cle but when you beat LAC and NO only to lose to officiating... Well thats infuriating. 
I agree - it's infuriating.  But there is no excuse losing to Oakland - right after you lost two in a row.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

FIRE Tomlin.  HIS blunders cost them this game.  And a number of other games.  konjo- they beat NE, -not- NO.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

konjo78 wrote:They deserved the loss to oak and denver but they did beat the chargers and saints.

No one can argue the refs did not decide the game, or if they do they lose that argument. Its sickening and but it was clear nfl had a NO agenda today
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Did you cry yourself to sleep last night?  An NO agenda?  That's cute and of course, pathetic.  The Steelers fumbled the game away.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Manfred wrote:FIRE Tomlin.  HIS blunders cost them this game.  And a number of other games.  konjo- they beat NE, -not- NO.
For once I agree with Manfred, lol.  The referee calls were bad, but the Ridley handoff and the fake punt sealed the deal.  Been passing all day successfully, and you decide to handoff to the back-up to the back-up, who has a known history of fumbling? 
Best part is the infamous 'we made our bed and we will lay in it' arrogance of Tomlin.  I remember Cowher being tore apart on his last Steeler coaching days, and this deserves the same critisim. 
I really think Tomlin is done after this season, possibly by his own accord.  I can honestly see him leaving himself, or being gently pushed out. 
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

everett wrote:
Manfred wrote:FIRE Tomlin.  HIS blunders cost them this game.  And a number of other games.  konjo- they beat NE, -not- NO.
For once I agree with Manfred, lol.  The referee calls were bad, but the Ridley handoff and the fake punt sealed the deal.  Been passing all day successfully, and you decide to handoff to the back-up to the back-up, who has a known history of fumbling? 
Best part is the infamous 'we made our bed and we will lay in it' arrogance of Tomlin.  I remember Cowher being tore apart on his last Steeler coaching days, and this deserves the same critisim. 
I really think Tomlin is done after this season, possibly by his own accord.  I can honestly see him leaving himself, or being gently pushed out. 
You give the ball to Ridley because your back up is a rookie and expect professionals to do their job.  You run on 3rd down because you plan on going for it on 4th.  Tomlin will never be fired because he is an all time great statistically.  I hold the players accountable for these losses.  Tomlin didn’t fumble out the end zone in Denver or throw 5 red zone INT’s or jump offsides the professionals who get paid handsomely did.
Just to through this out there my guy Coach K is never on the hot seat.  He has the best recruiting class year in and year out.  He has 4 championship in 40 years.  You don’t throw away greatness.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

theprophet wrote:
everett wrote:
You give the ball to Ridley because your back up is a rookie and expect professionals to do their job.  You run on 3rd down because you plan on going for it on 4th.  Tomlin will never be fired because he is an all time great statistically.  I hold the players accountable for these losses.  Tomlin didn’t fumble out the end zone in Denver or throw 5 red zone INT’s or jump offsides the professionals who get paid handsomely did.
Just to through this out there my guy Coach K is never on the hot seat.  He has the best recruiting class year in and year out.  He has 4 championship in 40 years.  You don’t throw away greatness.
Greatness in what, the regular season??  Is that what we are trying to do?  String together several winning seasons?  I thought the goal was post-season wins and super bowls?  What exactly statistically is he 'great' at?  Is sure as hell isn't time management, challenge reviews, using 6 all-pros on his team, achieving post-season success, or developing talent. 
Tomlins job is to put this talented roster in a situation to win.  He does not always do that.  Too many games playing down to competition, penalties, lack of communication, etc. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Tomlin shouldnt even come close to being fired. I slept just fine last night, did the steelers fumble? Sure but they also got royally screwed. There is no two ways around it! Everyone in their right mind called the 1st PI the worst PI call theyve ever seen. If that call doesnt happen you take 7 points off the boars and steelers win by 4.

Same can be said with the chargers fall start, one of the worst calls of all time lead to a Free TD. Take the TD away and steelers win by 4.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

The agenda for the refs was clear to me when they called illegal contact on MacDonald instead of PI. 5 yard penalty instead of around 15 yard penalty despite it being DPI.

The saints are a great team. Its near impossible to beat great teams when refs extend 3 of their 4 TD drives with sketchy PI calls.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

everett wrote:
theprophet wrote:
everett wrote: For once I agree with Manfred, lol.  The referee calls were bad, but the Ridley handoff and the fake punt sealed the deal.  Been passing all day successfully, and you decide to handoff to the back-up to the back-up, who has a known history of fumbling? 
Greatness in what, the regular season??  Is that what we are trying to do?  String together several winning seasons?  I thought the goal was post-season wins and super bowls?  What exactly statistically is he 'great' at?  Is sure as hell isn't time management, challenge reviews, using 6 all-pros on his team, achieving post-season success, or developing talent. 
Tomlins job is to put this talented roster in a situation to win.  He does not always do that.  Too many games playing down to competition, penalties, lack of communication, etc. 
Tell me who is more accomplished as a head coach????  List the coaches active today who has won a super bowl???? Then list who has been to multiple Super Bowls????? Then list a coach who has never had a losing season????  In the most competitive professional sport you must expect to win a super bowl ever year when there are franchises who never even made it to one.  Don’t be one of those guys, lol.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

theprophet wrote:
everett wrote:
theprophet wrote: You give the ball to Ridley because your back up is a rookie and expect professionals to do their job.  You run on 3rd down because you plan on going for it on 4th.  Tomlin will never be fired because he is an all time great statistically.  I hold the players accountable for these losses.  Tomlin didn’t fumble out the end zone in Denver or throw 5 red zone INT’s or jump offsides the professionals who get paid handsomely did.
Tell me who is more accomplished as a head coach????  List the coaches active today who has won a super bowl???? Then list who has been to multiple Super Bowls????? Then list a coach who has never had a losing season????  In the most competitive professional sport you must expect to win a super bowl ever year when there are franchises who never even made it to one.  Don’t be one of those guys, lol.
Tell me who of today's coaches has as much star power on their roster, but continues to do NOTHING post-season?  This sport is about the post season, not who has the best regular season record.  He has had a franchise QB his entire tenure--much like another up in NE who has owned this century with his post season wins.  There are coaches right now who do more, with less than what Tomlin has.  End of story.