Steelers

The name says it all!
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers

Post by 223113 »

Too many high-maintenance priss pots, doing whatever they want.
When you have players thumbing their nose to Mandatory team meetings, and the Head Coach enabling them, by making up lies to cover up the "rotten stench" in the locker room,...maybe it's time for a new Head Coach, one that won't be buddies with the whiney priss pots...
Oh, and maybe you trade the priss pots,....there's a novel idea...

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ste ... 1812310108
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Anyone thinking tomlin should be fired needs to be put in concussion protocol. There are maybe 2 or 3 active coaches who have the the resume he has built over his tenure.

If the brown stuff is true, as it appears it is, well maybe its time to revisit him... There is a reason the team voted Juju the teams MVP this year because not only has he performed he is one of the most selfless players out there.

Tomlin not playing Brown because of those antics, well thats something i approve of
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

And, obviously, you Approve of Tomlin making stuff up about Brown getting his knee tested, while all the young players, i.e. Juju, know that Brown just blew off mandatory team meetings 2 weeks in a row.
Personally, I believe in simply telling the truth. For the rest of the guys in the locker room, to see Brown being enabled by Tomlin,...will not lead to good things in the future.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

And what if tomlin and the majority of the team did not want this to become public knowledge?

When you have a situation like this a lot of times everyone wants to keep things in house. Sitting brown out in a must win game because of antics isnt enabling him, its punishing him/letting everyone know you cant do that and get away with it.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

He also skipped the meeting the week before, but played anyways.

If you want to keep it in house, say that.
Don't make up a lie, so that it doesn't sound bad.
That IS enabling, contrary to what you believe.

When a woman that was beaten by her husband says, she slipped and fell in the tub, that is a lie, and it is enabling her husband to continue his bad behavior.

When a player blows off 2 mandatory meetings, and you Don't even mention THAT, but rather, you let him play 1 game, and you make up a lie about him getting his knee tested,....THAT is enabling him. Pretty clear.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

When your 'star' receiver throws a ball at your STAR Qb, that wasn't part of the practice, and because of ill feelings even if momentary, is a case of attitude.  84 has been my favorite Steeler for as long as he's been on the team, but I wouldn't put up with the prima donna crap for anything.  If Cowher or Noll had made the bonehead decisions MT did, they wouldn't have lasted either.  Do you want more of the same or chance making something better?
It ain't over until it's over.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Agreed.

I'm getting disgusted with the NFL in general. I mean, does EVERYBODY on the field need to strut around and celebrate after making a good play, you know, doing the job they're being paid handsomely to do? After EVERY first down, after a sack or tackle for loss,.....Get Back In The Huddle! And, it seems like, every couple weeks, someone, somewhere, is in the news for drug use, driving drunk, beating up a woman, complaining about lack of playing time,...and the occasional murder....

In the past, at least we could say, "That's the Cowboys, or the Raiders, or the Bengals,...but the Steelers would Never put up with that crap."
Well,....unfortunately, the Steelers appear to have joined that herd,...and I don't like it.

End of rant.
ss1082
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ss1082 »

Don't forget Tomlin also stated that he gave Brown a "vet day" on Wednesday. I agree, just tell the truth or say its an internal matter and is being addressed. 

I also recall Rodney Harrison saying on Sunday Night Football after Steeler highlights (possibly after the Saints loss) something along the line of "as a former player, coach (Tomlin) you need to get control of your team and eliminate distractions". Obviously there were / are things going on that insiders were hearing before this latest came to light. 

Post by Guest »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!