Steelers

The name says it all!
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Re: Steelers

Post by Jimjohn81 »

The most underrated part of the job is managing egos. Not every super star is built like larry Fitzgerald. AB is the best steeler by far . You don't just get rid of guys like him and win. I can totally see what Tomlin did. He extended an olive branch with the vet day and injury report. When AB didn't take it, enough was enough. Imagine if social media was around when the great Bill parcels coached Lawrence Taylor? As far as the other steelers are concerned. I get why they are mad but in a league where talent and producing comes first, they get it. Thats why all qoutes are anonymous to this point. The saying goes "you'll be treated fair but not equal. The same rules are applied on every team for the SUPERstars just not all of them are complete ***holes like ours.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Did the post gazzette embalish a little. Big Ben seems to make me lean that way.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2566 ... onio-brown
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

223113 wrote:Agreed.

I'm getting disgusted with the NFL in general. I mean, does EVERYBODY on the field need to strut around and celebrate after making a good play, you know, doing the job they're being paid handsomely to do? After EVERY first down, after a sack or tackle for loss,.....Get Back In The Huddle! And, it seems like, every couple weeks, someone, somewhere, is in the news for drug use, driving drunk, beating up a woman, complaining about lack of playing time,...and the occasional murder....

In the past, at least we could say, "That's the Cowboys, or the Raiders, or the Bengals,...but the Steelers would Never put up with that crap."
Well,....unfortunately, the Steelers appear to have joined that herd,...and I don't like it.

End of rant.
Perhaps you’re just becoming a miserable old man
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Perhaps.

Troll much?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Get off my lawn
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

konjo78 wrote:Anyone thinking tomlin should be fired needs to be put in concussion protocol. There are maybe 2 or 3 active coaches who have the the resume he has built over his tenure.

If the brown stuff is true, as it appears it is, well maybe its time to revisit him... There is a reason the team voted Juju the teams MVP this year because not only has he performed he is one of the most selfless players out there.

Tomlin not playing Brown because of those antics, well thats something i approve of
Tomlin may not need fired, but something needs done. He's accumulated all these wins with probably one of the greatest QB's of all time. Review his playoffs wins since they lost to the Packers in the SB. Non impressive. Winning seasons aren't enough.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

So here was tomlins outline.

Wed: AB told him about knees so he gave him a vet day, something that happens failry regularly for vets.

Thursday: AB still said his knees hurt, didnt practice.

Friday: AB said knees hurt and tomlin told him to get an MRI, which AB ended up not doing, and to reconnect friday night, which he didnt do.

Saturday: AB didnt show up to major walk through. With 0 contact this is where and why Tomlin decided he can not play... Had no idea of his situation so he wanted to put his focus on players who were there.

Sunday: ABs agent calls saying he wants to play but tomlin says he has already decided was out. AB tomlin talk pregame sunday and asked AB to stay and support teammates. After that Tomlin was only focused on the game. Hasnt talked to Brown since.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

How many times have we heard retired players say if you dont want to play or practice just state you have sore knees? Any chance antonio was actually feeding those lines and maybe Tomlin wasnt lying last week?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

konjo78 wrote:So here was tomlins outline.

Wed: AB told him about knees so he gave him a vet day, something that happens failry regularly for vets.

Thursday: AB still said his knees hurt, didnt practice.

Friday: AB said knees hurt and tomlin told him to get an MRI, which AB ended up not doing, and to reconnect friday night, which he didnt do.

Saturday: AB didnt show up to major walk through. With 0 contact this is where and why Tomlin decided he can not play... Had no idea of his situation so he wanted to put his focus on players who were there.

Sunday: ABs agent calls saying he wants to play but tomlin says he has already decided was out. AB tomlin talk pregame sunday and asked AB to stay and support teammates. After that Tomlin was only focused on the game. Hasnt talked to Brown since.
Which day, again, was the day he wailed a football at his QB?  I believe it was Wed., and things went down the toilet for #84 from there.
It ain't over until it's over.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Im starting to believe more AB used the knees excuse partly last week. Why?

Well he has shown up with James Harrison, who by the way said Bell should sign his contract and just fake injuries to not play.