College football playoff race: Who do you think should get in?

The name says it all!
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: College football playoff race: Who do you think should get in?

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

konjo78 wrote:Whats ironic with your suggestion IHeartFootball is a few years back there was rumors of all the power 5 conferences and ND leaving the NCAA to form their own league because of restrictions placed on them.

Also they would be able to corner the $$$ market
You are right. I conpletely forgot about that until you said that. 
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

would anyone blame me if i dont see ohio state as a top 4 team because they lost by 29 to purdue
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Wrasslerfan wrote:would anyone blame me if i dont see ohio state as a top 4 team because they lost by 29 to purdue
No that sounds like common sense to me.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

glad we agree konjo
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I just don't think a single game should define a team in an era with a 4 team playoff.  Based on last night's rankings, once again the conferences that play a 9th conference game are on the "hot-seat" for the final spot.  Oklahoma is out currently, Ohio State is in serious trouble, and Washington is all the way back at 11th.  Meanwhile the ACC (8 conference games) has Clemson, Notre Dame gets to pick their own schedule annually, and Alabama and Georgia represent the SEC (8 conference games).  Ohio State last year missed out because of a crossover game against Iowa and this year will miss out due to a crossover game against Purdue.  In a 8 game conference schedule those games are replaced with a game against Bowling Green or Central Michigan.  I don't like Ohio State one bit.  In fact, they are my least favorite CFB program but let's be a little subjective here.   They have beat the #7 team by 3 scores, they beat the #12 team on the road in a "Whiteout" environment, they went on the road and beat Michigan State, and they went to Texas and beat TCU. Compare that resume to 1 loss Georgia or 1 loss Oklahoma. Georgia got stomped by LSU and their best win is a neutral site game against #9 Florida.  Oklahoma lost a neutral site game to Texas and their best win is against #16 West Virginia.  Oklahoma also needed overtime at home to beat Army, beat 5-7 Texas Tech by 5 points, and beat 6-6 Okie State by 1.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I would put Ohio State in over Oklahoma myself, but barely.  

But on a greater point, we've known this all season, but in order to win a championship you have to beat Clemson and Alabama in consecutive games in some order, either beat Clemson in the semi then Bama in the championship or the other way around. 

Does anyone think there's a team out there that can beat Alabama and Clemson in consecutive weeks?  I don't.  Maybe Georgia, I guess. But they would have to beat Alabama, Clemson, then Alabama again. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

You dont lose by 29 to a 6-6 team and make it in to the top 4. Second they also needed OT to beat a 5-7 maryland team! Third Penn state and most big 10 schools are overranked this year imo. Ohio State does not deserve to sniff the top 4 when there are other undefeated teams or 1 loss teams who have only lost to ranked teams.

To crimsons question idk if there is a team that can beat both teams in consecutive weeks but I do think teams like UCF, ND, Georgia and Oklahoma can beat them one week. Maybe then both clemson and alabama would lose to their 1st round opponents and question becomes irrellevant.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

As much as I hate Ohio State, I don’t think they’re in that much trouble. When Georgia loses they’ll be out and if Oklahoma doesn’t win or barely beats Texas I think Ohio State jumps them. The committee has once again set it up so that they are right there in it
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

If Ohio State played Oklahoma who would win?
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

No way of telling. Nowhere near enough evidence to say either eay. Basically just a toss up