College football playoff race: Who do you think should get in?

The name says it all!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: College football playoff race: Who do you think should get in?

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I will say that I was hoping they would have went for it on 4th down but at the same time see both angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

There was plenty of time left in the game. I think it was a smart move kicking the FG but he could have used the time-outs a little better.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Miles Sanders heading to the NFL. I’m happy to see this one. Slade and the 2 incoming freshman are going to need touches.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

old school wrote:There was plenty of time left in the game. I think it was a smart move kicking the FG but he could have used the time-outs a little better.
I liked the timeout use, you preferably want them on offense. 
Fans just like to complain when it’s all said and done and they can see what worked. I didn’t hear anyone complain when they ran a draw play on 3rd and 10 because it got the first down. But they run that same play against Ohio State and the fans were calling for the head of Franklin. Like I said, If we go for it and don’t convert, get the ball back in field goal range down 6 instead of 3, the same guys would be on here saying it was poor game management and we should have taken the points. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

DragonsDoExist wrote:Miles Sanders heading to the NFL. I’m happy to see this one. Slade and the 2 incoming freshman are going to need touches.

I agree, he silently had a better year than I thought and the backs they have are good
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
old school wrote:There was plenty of time left in the game. I think it was a smart move kicking the FG but he could have used the time-outs a little better.
Fans just like to complain when it’s all said and done and they can see what worked. I didn’t hear anyone complain when they ran a draw play on 3rd and 10 because it got the first down. But they run that same play against Ohio State and the fans were calling for the head of Franklin. Like I said, If we go for it and don’t convert, get the ball back in field goal range down 6 instead of 3, the same guys would be on here saying it was poor game management and we should have taken the points
I agree you want them for offense but he should have used one sooner.  It doesn't matter if you have three timeouts if there is no time left on the clock.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

old school wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
Fans just like to complain when it’s all said and done and they can see what worked. I didn’t hear anyone complain when they ran a draw play on 3rd and 10 because it got the first down. But they run that same play against Ohio State and the fans were calling for the head of Franklin. Like I said, If we go for it and don’t convert, get the ball back in field goal range down 6 instead of 3, the same guys would be on here saying it was poor game management and we should have taken the points
I agree you want them for offense but he should have used one sooner.  It doesn't matter if you have three timeouts if there is no time left on the clock.
So he should have used one at 2:30 instead of 2:00? I mean I think we’re nitpicking at this point. 
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

It all goes back to some people not being able to ever accept the fact that their team was just beat.  Franklin gave his defense 6+ plays to get a stop. That would have given his offense 2+ minutes of time to set up a chance to tie or win. 
Kentucky was just the better team. 
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
old school wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote: I liked the timeout use, you preferably want them on offense. 
So he should have used one at 2:30 instead of 2:00? I mean I think we’re nitpicking at this point. 
Yeah guy sitting in front of me was screaming same thing. But whether u let the clock run 30 seconds on 1st down or 4th down there is no difference. You only have 3 timeouts.

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

If you use your timeouts when on defense, you control what your opponent does to some extent and save total game time. THEN, if and when you get the ball back, you can use things other than timeouts to stop the clock, such as out-of-bounds plays, incomplete passes, spiking the ball, etc . By not taking your timeouts when on defense, you let your opponent run wild with the clock. Three running plays eats up 120 seconds of game time. Then if they get a 1st down, now you're in trouble with time.