Total Embarrassment: Penn State Basketball

The name says it all!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Total Embarrassment: Penn State Basketball

Post by El-Moldo »

Hey Hank. I didn't start this topic entitled TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT: PENN STATE BASKETBALL. Obviously others think so. Just adding my 2 cents. PSU did not play all season with 3 true freshmen. Watkins is no slouch, Wheeler is a 3rd year sophomore, and we just touted the talents of Stevens and Reaves. MANY schools started true freshmen all season long. Tell it like it is. Is it the coaches fault? For every game they left slip by, they won a game by 1,2,or 3 points. All evens out in the end.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Moldo, I started this thread.  Penn State was 0-10 in the B1G at one point coming off of a NIT championship run without their best big man, who has since returned.  It was a colossal underachievement through February 1st for this team.  I think the last month is showing how poorly this team underperformed for the first 3 months of the season. They have played 3 true freshmen in every game and I'm sure you know that because you are more infatuated with Penn State athletics than anyone on this board.  Dread, Bolton, and Jones are 3rd, 4th, and 8th on the team in minutes respectively.  Combined they have those true freshman guards are on the floor 72.7 minutes per game.  So basically 2 true freshmen guards were on the floor at all times, this season.  Is every team playing with true freshmen? Sure, but that is a lot of time with the ball in the hands of 18 year old guards.  Illinois' leading scorer is a 5* true freshman and he is only averaging a dozen a game.  So that shows how hard it is for a true freshman to succeed in this league. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

El-Moldo wrote:Hey Hank. I didn't start this topic entitled TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT: PENN STATE BASKETBALL. Obviously others think so. Just adding my 2 cents. PSU did not play all season with 3 true freshmen. Watkins is no slouch, Wheeler is a 3rd year sophomore, and we just touted the talents of Stevens and Reaves. MANY schools started true freshmen all season long. Tell it like it is. Is it the coaches fault? For every game they left slip by, they won a game by 1,2,or 3 points. All evens out in the end.
But if I can't bust on you for hating my team...what do I have left in life other than my family and college debt...
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Chambers will be back next season according to the AD following PSU’s Big Ten tournament game tonight. 
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Chambers will be back next season according to the AD following PSU’s Big Ten tournament game tonight. 
do you think 2019/20 is a make it or break it year
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

12HankQB wrote:
El-Moldo wrote:Hey Hank. I didn't start this topic entitled TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT: PENN STATE BASKETBALL. Obviously others think so. Just adding my 2 cents. PSU did not play all season with 3 true freshmen. Watkins is no slouch, Wheeler is a 3rd year sophomore, and we just touted the talents of Stevens and Reaves. MANY schools started true freshmen all season long. Tell it like it is. Is it the coaches fault? For every game they left slip by, they won a game by 1,2,or 3 points. All evens out in the end.
But if I can't bust on you for hating my team...what do I have left in life other than my family and college debt...
You forgot kicking the dog and spying on the neighbors.
It ain't over until it's over.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

PSU's AD put up with Coquese for 12 years. Guess Chambers has 4 years to go.
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

For all you PSU/Pirates fans---Doesn't PSU Basketball give you the same feeling as the Pirates?  You feel like this is finally the year only to be mediocre at best.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Hey, Clint Hurdle made the tournament three times.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Ya, but in basketball they take more than 64 teams in THEIR tournament. Surely you could make the final field once in a while.