Pirates April 22 - 28

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Pirates April 22 - 28

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The MLB app has him at 94 pitches total. 
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Not disputing because I didn’t count them lol just regurgitating what ESPN tracker said. Either way his call not mine. But I don’t have to agree with it. Nights like that happen
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I mean yea I usually think Hurdle makes dumb mistakes with leaving guys in too long/pulling too soon. So I’m not defending him really, but I didn’t have a problem with that one. 
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Usually I want starters in longer... but April games, this early I think 6 max unless they’re under 80 pitches but my opinion is worth about as much as a CNN report
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

How much more should we baby these pitchers?  Musgrove should have absolutely started the seventh inning.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Tough break for Burdi. That was tough to watch. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Like the Dbacks lead, Burdi's injury escalated very quickly. I saw on the box score in the 6th inning that the Pirates lineup 2-8 was all over .300 (thought most with low at bats). How about the flow from Tucker? Cutch's hair has been replaced. Polanco was exciting and Moran continued to produce. The Diaz gaffe and the bloop single right after really hurt. The score doesn't show how that game should've gone.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

Musgrove, without question, should have started the 7th. He was around 84 pitches and was rolling. The 7th inning was a lot of bad luck...it happens. Crick did struggle with his command, but thats most likely a result of just coming back. Any way you slice it, it’s a little troubling that the bullpen can’t seem to find a guy to get through the 7th and 8th. Not to mention, despite some good things at the plate, they still only scored 4 runs despite all of the chances they had. This game could have been blown wide open early with just one key hit in more than one situation. More and more, the Pirates are the team most expected them to be. Above average starting rotation, below average defensively, poor offensive production, and very poor in-game managerial decisions. The abysmal bullpen production has been surprising as that unit was perceived to look good based on last years production. The bullpen will improve, but overall, the Pirates are a slightly below .500 ball club!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

FiveThirtyEight updates their projections daily. 
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... edictions/
As of this morning, they project the Pirates to go 81-81. 25% to make the playoffs, 13% to win the NL Central, 3% to win the World Series. 
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

3% chance to win the World Series
[youtube]KX5jNnDMfxA[/youtube]
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant