Page 1 of 1
Posted: April 26th, 2019, 7:21 am
What are thoughts after day 1?
I liked the Steelers decision to go up and get their guy. I was shocked by the Giants at 5, but .....
Re: NFL Draft
Posted: April 26th, 2019, 3:28 pm
Good pick by the Steelers. Was a need position and 1 of the best LB's. What they traded to move up was not too much either. The Giants seem to have made a choice on who they wanted and didn't wait around. If they liked him then why not just get him. The raiders seem to have no clue what year it is and made picks that seem odd. The Pats took my #1 rated receiver in a need position. We keep seeing these teams at the end of the 1st round trade back in to get a player they like but also so they have that 5th year control on them.
Re: NFL Draft
Posted: April 26th, 2019, 5:37 pm
I really liked what the Steelers did. Usually, moving up from 20 to 10 costs a team next year's number 1 draft pick at least.
That scene in Nashville was something. Six blocks of wall to wall people.
A lot of quirky things about the draft:
1. First time two tight ends from the same team were drafted in the first round.
2. No WRs, RBs, or CBs taken until #24.
3. For the second year in a row, Josh Allen was taken at number 7 overall. QB last year and DE this year.
4. Three Clemson DL taken in the first round - first time that has happened.
5. Only one trade in the first 20 picks.
6. First time a player has ever been selected in the first round of the MLB draft and the NFL draft (Kyler Murray).
7. First time a school has had a QB taken in the first round in consecutive years, let alone they were taken #1 overall, let alone they also won the Heisman.
8. AB's cousin was drafted by the Ravens. So he will have a third consecutive year in which the QB throwing to him is a Heisman winner (Mayfield, Murray, and Jackson).