Steelers discussion

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers discussion

Post by konjo78 »

Mark Madden by nature of his making stories instead telling a story has given him more nation wide recognition.

You may not like his disciplinary tactics but how many of those players have left pittsburgh and not be able to survive their next job.

Brown didnt even make it to game 1 in oakland before becoming so much of a problem he was let go.

Bryant is no longer in the league due to his actions.

There are quite few cases where for me it looks like tomlin got more out of players causing trouble than he ever had any right to. For me thats a sign of good coaching, not a sign of failures. They are all adults that make their own decisions, tomlin can not stop them from choices they make in life
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

And one reason I also tend not to believe the beat writers would he the history the steelers/Rooneys have with coaches. They havent fired a head coach in what, over 50 years? Tomlin has won 1 superbowl, taken the org to 2, hasnt had a losing season during his tenure and has helped spread the steelers brand more.

Why should any of us think this ownership group is going to fire tomlin when he has been one of the most successful all time coaches in his first 15 years? When they are an owner group that has put value in letting a coach be here as long as they have
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

I just want to make sure I am getting this right. Mark Madden (93.7FM the Fan, owned by ClearChannel), John Steigerwald (Sports Writer for the start up - Pittsburgh Sports Live), and Terry Bradshaw (4 SuperBowls, MVP, Fox Sunday Pregame, HOF) are inaccurate sources of information?

They use their actual names, work in the industry with years of experience.

I should no longer value their opinion, but rather take the insight and knowledge of two guys I have never met, that use screen names, and have no credentials other than they have been on an open forum in central Pennsylvania since 2011. I should take their own personal insight and sports knowledge over established, veteran, sports columnists, writers, and a Hall of Famers?

This gets more hysterical by the second. I am gonna stop now, because I am just gonna sit back and take whatever you guys say as gospel.
Thanks!
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

I stand corrected, one of you has a twitter account.
Thanks!
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

You can value whatever source you want to and share your opinions freely just as anyone else can.  That’s the luxury of a public forum.  You want Tomlin fired, others do not.  The reality is it doesn’t really matter bc none of us own the team and have a say in those decisions.  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don’t know, someone says something you don’t agree with and you seem to take it more personally than anyone else. I don’t think anyone is out to get you, there’s just a lot of people disagreeing with you. 

I think Mike Tomlin shouldn’t be fired, I hope that’s not a personal affront to anyone on here but that’s kind of where a lot of people stand. I don’t mind having a differing opinion than John Steigerwald on this one. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Scratch that, I actually do want to see what would happen if Tomlin gets fired. Nevermind, I'm on your side Charlie. 
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Tomlin is not perfect, but what NFL coach is. Belichick pretty close. Something you may not know about Tomlin is he let's just about any college coach, and some high school, come sit in on meetings. If you know any psac or st Francis coach, ask them. Good chance they've been there and they will tell you how impressed they are with him.  He would be employed as soon as he wanted if the Steelers let him go.  His job is fine this year but if they are awful 2 years in a row, maybe not after next.  He came in and instantly got respect in a veteran locker room as a barely 30 yr old coach. That should tell you something.  I always wonder how much his race plays a part in people's feelings about him as a coach? Esp Eound here. In my opinion he is way under appreciated 
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

Especially around here? Nobody that I know, that thinks Tomlin should be gone, ever mentioned ANYTHING but his shortcomings as a football coach. News flash...MAGA hat wearers are not all racists.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

First off Earl. This has ZERO to do with politics. I cant stand when people mix the 2. I watch football because I love it. A few guys kneeling,  even though I dont agree,  will never make me stop watching.  I'm sure your friends dont come out and say anything other than his shortcomings as a football coach because this is 2019 and you get crucified for doing anything close to that.  All I said was I wonder how much race plays a part in people's views of him. Why so sensitive buddy? There is a red flag Earl 34.