WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardwood chatter
uhohherewego
Freshman
Freshman

Re: WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by uhohherewego »

I love it when people lose they write really long posts to try and get a point across and make it legit that it wasnt their fault

....hey indian im headin to Walmart to get you your Kleenex
STANG
Freshman
Freshman

Post by STANG »

The Officiating was horrible for both teams. At the end of the game when the kid from Windber was tackled after making a lay-up, and the referee didn't call a foul - that was horrible. There were so many "no calls" on both sides. Windber played the better game.

The coaching staff for Windber out-coached Lesko (which isn't hard). When a kid can stand in the corner and drill 3-pointers and the coach doesn't have the brains to adjust, he deserves to lose. He substitutes based on what time the game clock has, instead of who needs substituted. Retired Coach Cable has to be wondering what happened to the program he left behind. These kids come out and play with no enthusiasm.
ctindian00
Senior
Senior

Post by ctindian00 »

Prince Sidewinder wrote:Philip's Dad - you are definately right on the button about the excuse thing!! I like when people are screaming about the officials, and say the team they cheated for wins by five. You then find out the team that got cheated missed four lay-ups and were 9 of 21 from the foul line with 19 turnovers. I know this will cause some to argue but do you actually think a referee comes into a game and has intentions to cheat a team? They might but I sure hope not. I know that some officials if they know one team is say 12-2 and they are playing a 3-9 team will tend, and I do not think consciously, to side more with the better team.

But back to the original thought, take your wins with your losses and do not blame refs, ignorant fans, poor lighting or any other thing you can think of for you rlosses.
at least 10 of those turnovers came from Duray getting raped in the paint with no foul called
"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.” -Jim Valvano
whozisgonnab
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by whozisgonnab »

ctindian is going to provide a minute for minute account of the game whether CT wins or loses. The length of his therapeutic posting after last nights loss at Windber does not correlate with the fact that they lost....if you've been following the various threads you'd know that....ctindian knows that i am no fan of township, but i've watched them play as well as windber. the ct basketball team has talent...windber well......they don't. Why do you think the LD yells out 'lets play football' after they lose...kids aren't dumb!
Jerry Tarkanian:
The secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy.
DrJerkyllMrHide
Junior
Junior

Post by DrJerkyllMrHide »

Give Coach Lesko a year and the memory of coach cable will fade from the bleachers at CT ...It's a hard year for CT fans to come to terms with. The CT basketball fans just gotta let go of this 'cable wouldn't have done it this way' mentality....for the good of their program.
STANG wrote:.Retired Coach Cable has to be wondering what happened to the program he left behind. These kids come out and play with no enthusiasm.
STANG
Freshman
Freshman

Post by STANG »

The thing "for the good of the program" is to coach with the talent you have. Cable might fade from the memory of the casual fan, but for people who actually care about the program, and have a knowledge of the game, he won't.

I'm not saying Cable was perfect, but he got the most out of his kids.
thereplacement2
Senior
Senior

Post by thereplacement2 »

:D
Last edited by thereplacement2 on January 30th, 2009, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STANG
Freshman
Freshman

Post by STANG »

Geez, I thought Duray had a pretty good game. Not his best, but pretty good. While you're taking shots at him, you want to take some shots at his family to?
BERWIND BLUE
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BERWIND BLUE »

WINDBER BASKETBALL NEVER GETS CREDIT FOR THERE WINS. THERE ALWAYS HAS TO BE A REASON WHY THE OTHER TEAM LOST. PEOPLE ALWAYS HAVE TO MAKE EXCUSES WHY THEY LOST TO A LOSING TEAM. SULOSKY WAS WIDE OPEN ALL NIGHT IN THE CORNER WHILE THE DEFENDERS JUST WATCHED HIM. AND CTINDIAN, YOUR TEAM HAS NEVER TRIED TO DRAW A FOUL? NOT ONCE EVER BEFORE? WINDBER PLAYED WELL AS A WHOLE TEAM. GIVE THEM CREDIT.
DrJerkyllMrHide
Junior
Junior

Post by DrJerkyllMrHide »

STANG wrote: Retired Coach Cable has to be wondering what happened to the program he left behind. These kids come out and play with no enthusiasm.
some of 'these kids' on the CT team are going to be off to college and will have to work at their own enthusiasm in just a few short mos. I've seen it said before....no leadership on the CT team....a coach can't do it all.