All-time scorers in the State.

Hardwood chatter
Smiteye89
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Smiteye89 »

There are lots of talented teams that are "A". Unless your saying OLSH and Kennedy Christian weren't above average ball teams? He put up a good offensive preformance every night in the playoffs. Tussey has always had one of the best defenses in the area. He shot the lights out, scoring 35+ points, IN THE TERROR DOME!!!! AJ was a good athlete and represented himself and his community well. Why put a good guy down?
Smit-eye
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

WT,

You couldn't score 3,833 without anyone covering you in your back yard!!If I played D-I and played games in AAAA hoops, I would have score points too. I did it in all star games against some of the best in the country so you can shove your WPIAL ****!! Same thing saying I couldn't play football in college too huh? Get a grip and figure it out because you are bringing yourself down with each post on here. Wake UP please. I don't ever care to meet you or you have the privilage to meet me!

PS-I wish I was 6-11 like Tom McMillen that was not from West but the East PA. He was backing in 6-0 players come on now
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

I think that WT is just trying to get a rise out of someone that got somewhere. He may be jealous, but I am not going to make that call, you call it yourself. Saying that Yogi was better than you in football? I mean come on, atleast make sense WT, you were always one of my favorite guys, please don't make yourself look dumb.

And for the record, there are years that Kennedy Catholic could probably take the title in AAA and AAAA.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

The master has done it again....In one 3 min session at his keyboard in his office in Pgh. he has stirred up half of Bedford County's basketball faithful. When will everyone learn that WPIALTitan (aka:PittFan) is merely playing games and getting everyone fired up for nothing. I know he has a great deal of respect for AJ's ability and his record he just likes to "pick" and get everyone excited. He's a great guy and one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever met regarding not only HS hoops but HS sports in general.
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

WT loves to talk about how great the WPIAL is and how many scorers on the top 10 in the state are from the West?? I still think he is very jealous because most don't just come on a site and talk trash about players on their own website. He should be honored to be on the site not abuse it. This goes way beyond just athletics, it goes to how you are as a person and he sure shows his colors to me on here.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

I just asked

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

I just asked a simple question about what accomplishment is more impressive if you look back at my post in this thread.

Gee, (tic), I had no idea NAS would take things so personally. NAS, you have absolutely no need to have an inferiority complex, which is so readily evident on here. You jump to your own defense at every opportunity, and likewise take the opportunity to blow your own horn wherever you see a crack of daylight. Honestly, you have no need to show that inferiority complex and insecurity. You were an accomplished athlete and have nothing to prove to anyone.

Sports999...True, NAS was better than Yogi Roth...BUT, my point is, IF NAS has attended Pitt, he'd probably have done no better than Yogi Roth or Billy Gaines (God rest his soul) while sitting behind the likes of ABryant, LGrim, RJEnglish, LSlade, and Larry Legend.

That's just my OPINION, be it right or wrong--Just ask yourself: Did NAS have more talent than any of the 5 players who I listed above? The answer is pretty clear to me: No way. This tells me that NAS would have been a #3 or 4 receiver if he'd played at Pitt. Of course, with the coaching he'd have received maybe he'd have been better. We'll never know for sure. If you'd ask NAS's opinion, he'd have himself in the NFL Hall of Fame.

In terms of NAS's accomplishements on the hardwood, I say the same: I was posing a question. He was a good hs player who I believe may not have even started for the New Castle WPIAL 3-peat teams of his era. There's no shame in that, though, they were pretty good AAAA teams. Just my opinion, not meant to diminish his accomplishments, maybe just adding a little perspective to them is all.

Thanks for the props, HR---I don't mind stirring up some debate and don't mean to hurt Mr. NAS's feelings, I just give my opinion. Then again you know what "they" say: Opinions are like...Well, you know the rest.

Mr. NAS has nothing to prove to me or anyone else, I just can't figure out why he appears to be so overly sensitive. NAS is probably right: I couldn't score 3833 points if I had a 10 year shootaround in my back yard...Unless, of course, Fannet-Metal or Southern Fulton's teams showed up...

WT
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

No I just don't like big mouths. I am a little sensitive to those idiots that have no clue about the game or at my level. Yeah Pittsburgh is a great football team ah not (WV blasts them year in and year out now)
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

I'd say the coaching at WVU is a little better than at Pitt considering WVU has been beating them on a consistent basis as of late.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

First, I think maybe the coaching at Pitt is better than at WVU from the standpoint of the WR position...I base this on the people produced at those positions from the two schools. In my humble opinion Nas would have done fine at Pitt...He wouldn't have been the premier receiver at any time but he would have been a good quality possession receiver for them, would have blocked well in running situations, and would have been a good leader for not only the receivers but the entire team. As for the competition he played against in HS...look at his predecessor Tom McMillen who played in a very similar league in rural D4 and was a 6'11" player who rarely, if ever, played against anyone 6'4 or bigger. My opinion, much tougher for a guard to score all those points. And to say that McMillen made the pros, AJ didn't....if he was a foot taller he would have! McMillen a foot shorter, no way!