Outstanding Athletes of All-time by sport, by school

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

To add a few comments.

The softball coach at Bedford is Amy Ray. Took me a while to remember her name, but she's been there forever. Had alot of good teams in the 80's to mid 90's.

Bill Creps has over 300 wins as a wrestling coach, and Ed Clark has around 150, but Creps was there much longer. I think their winning percentages are pretty even. Both are in the state wrestlilng hall of fame, along with the first coach, Whitey Koontz(?).
GATOR
Junior
Junior

Post by GATOR »

hoggman if you weren't a pusher, you must a been a wrassler jealous of teh bball team.
Join me for some swill at Tony's.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Some names at TAHS
Football; 34 different all-state selections,I won't name all,most notable probably Jesse Jones-1999 PA player of the year,5th or 6th all time in PA rush yards with 6991 and 101 tds
Wrestling- 10 PIAA state champs,most notable ,Bruce Wallace,2 time state champ,all-american at Bloomsburg
Baseball- Tony Sharer probably,drafted by the Pirates in early '90's pitched for 2 years in minors before shoulder problems.
Basketball-Nick Leasure, was 1000pt scorer at St Francis.
Track,Joe Thomas and Kevin Jenkins -PIAA champs in high jump and 110 hurdles respectively.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
BOSSHOGG
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BOSSHOGG »

GATOR I would love to meet you at Tony's sometime I'm sure we could pass on some great stories of the past but I don't believe they care much for Blue & Gold there espicially after what my Jr. High football team done to them this year and I don't own anything Black & Red. Might have to meet in a neutral location.
GATOR
Junior
Junior

Post by GATOR »

your jr. high team stepped out of bounds on the way to a victory. but I let bygones be bygones.

maybe the rainbow might be a neutral location hoggy
Captain Coveman
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Captain Coveman »

H.R. for NBC track you forgot about Steve Moyer, I was a freshman on the team when he and Sell were the crazy SOB's that ran miles on miles their senior year. I believe it is Moyer that owns the school distance records. As I recall Moyer basically allowed Sell to win the smaller meets, but when it counted such as the west central invitational, igloo, counties, and districts; he made Sell take second place. I believe he came in 7th place his senior year in States also, not medaling like Mark, but he almost did became the first to medal from NB.
captain dean
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by captain dean »

hey titan. Jon Syznal is a great ballplayer for sure...haha. He's the baseball coach at hollidaysburg and a very interesting person. I've got a lot of quotes from that guy.
Buzzards have to eat, same as worms.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

JonS

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Jon Szynal is an absolute class act, an excellent coach, and an all-around great guy, not to mention he was one outstanding athlete at PC, ACC, and WVU. He's what's right about coaching and teaching. Jon especially loathes me when I make him run 10 miles with me a few times a year while I am in town.

W~T
captain dean
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by captain dean »

Yeah he was a good coach but it would have been nice if we'd won some games. Thats great you make him run. I remember him as my gym teacher in junior high and making us do pushups out in the grass and telling us we'll never make the armed forces.
Buzzards have to eat, same as worms.
ibench380
Freshman
Freshman

gennett

Post by ibench380 »

If my memory stands correct. Brian Gennett did not start until the middle of his junior year. He had 10 pts his sophmore year. So in reality He scored over 1000 in a year in a half,without the 3 pt line, and a well rounded team with alot of talent. Not to many players could have accomplished that. In my eyes it takes a great player to reach that milestone in a year in a half. Imagine if he would have played all 4 years...might have been closing in on 2000....hard to tell but definatly one of the best basketball athlets to come threw Ridge