D6 A and AA Playoffs

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 A and AA Playoffs

Post by lhacbigfan »

If you are McCort, you can't look over Cambria Heights either. They will have to win at least one of the two (other being BG) probably to get into the playoffs. Johnstown is down this year but that could be a dangerous game as well. Looks like 7-3 will be the cutoff to get in for A and 6-4 for AA.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

After Week 7 (Unofficial)
D6 A STANDINGS (Assuming BG win over CC on Sat.)
RANK......TEAM...........W..... L...... POINTS....LAST 3 GAMES
1...... Bellwood-Antis.....7..... 0...... 1000....... @NB, GLEN, RICH
2...... Bishop Guilfoyle... 6...... 1...... 850.......WH, @BM, @UN (minus 130 if lose on Sat.)
3...... Portage............. 6.......1.......810....... CT, BLAIR, @HC (add 10 if Rockwood wins Sat.)
4...... Penns Manor....... 6......1...... 770........@PL, HC, @KEY (add 10 if Con. Valley wins Sat.)
5...... Juniata Valley..... 6...... 1...... 760...... GLEN, @WB, HUNT
6...... Homer Center..... 6...... 1.......710........@LV, @PM, PORT
7..... Bishop McCort..... 5...... 2...... 690.........@CH, BG, CC
8......Glendale............ 5...... 2....... 650.........@JV, @BA, @FERN
9.... Northern Cambria. 5...... 2........630........SALT, LV, CH
10....Blacklick Valley.... 5...... 2...... 560........@CV, NS, @SALT (add 10 if Rockwood wins Sat.)
11... Moshannon Valley 4......3........520.........WIL, @SH, @BLAIR
12.... Blairsville........... 4...... 3...... 500.........UN, @PORT, MV

AA
RANK....TEAM.............W..... L...... POINTS..... LAST 3 GAMES
1...... Richland............ 7...... 0...... 960..........@PC, CC, @BA
2.......Central..............5.......2...... 660..........@BFT, @HUNT, EVE
3...... Ligonier Valley.....6...... 1...... 610..........HC, @NC, BEA
4.......Bald Eagle Area... 5.......2...... 610..........CFD, @BFT, @LV
5...... Cambria Heights.. 5.......2...... 580..........BM, @SOM, @NC
6.......Tyrone...............4...... 3...... 490...........CM, @PV, @JTWN
7...... Juniata.............. 4...... 3...... 480...........@WV, @HFX, PG
8.......Penn Cambria.......4......3........450..........RICH, @WH, SOM
9.......Forest Hills......... 4.......3.......440...........SOM, @JTWN, PO
Last edited by lhacbigfan on October 13th, 2012, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

My guess for final seedings after tonight

A
1. Belwood Antis 9-1
2. Penns Manor 9-1
3. Bishop Mccort 8-2
4. Juniata Valley 9-1
5. Bishop Guilfoyle 8-2
6. Homer Center 8-2
7. Blairsville 7-3
8. Portage 7-3

AA
1. Richland 10-0
2. Central 8-2
3. Tyrone 7-3
4. Forrest Hills 7-3
5. Bald Eagle area 6-4
6. Ligonier Valley 6-4
7. Juniata 6-4
8. Cambria heights 6-4
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

You don't think Ligonier Valley wins another game? I'd have to think they would win out and go 9-1 and grab the 3 seed. Also looking at a possible 4-5 matchup between Tyrone and da Heights or maybe even Forest Hills sneaks up and grabs the 5 seed if they run the table. Not sure who the odd team out will be but it could possibly be Penn Cambria with a tough one against Richland coming up next week. Don't know much about Juniata or their opponents so can't really comment on them but let's hope they are the odd team out. Lots of good possible matchups brewing in both classifications. Gotta think the top 4 in A are Bellwood, BG, Penns Manor and BM, but Portage and Juniata Valley are both also looking pretty strong at this point. Might be the best playoffs we have had in awhile in terms of not really many games being blowouts.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Portage will stumble against blairsville and Homer center. I think I meant to put lv at 7-3 they will beat northern Cambria.
StraightOuttaPortage
Junior
Junior

Post by StraightOuttaPortage »

konjo78 wrote:Portage will stumble against blairsville and Homer center. I think I meant to put lv at 7-3 they will beat northern Cambria.
I want some of what your smoking lol. Windber is as good a team as either of those 2. Blairsville just scored 23 on Saltsburg and Homer Center just got by one of the worst teams in our league this year. I know you can't stand the WestPac and all but that's not even realistic.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

StraightOuttaPortage wrote:
konjo78 wrote:Portage will stumble against blairsville and Homer center. I think I meant to put lv at 7-3 they will beat northern Cambria.
I want some of what your smoking lol. Windber is as good a team as either of those 2. Blairsville just scored 23 on Saltsburg and Homer Center just got by one of the worst teams in our league this year. I know you can't stand the WestPac and all but that's not even realistic.
Blairsville put up 28 on Penns Manor last week, a team that this week shut down the LV offense. Blairsville needs to win out. I Think that they know their must win is portage so they will come out with more fire and aggression in that game. its win or go home. Homer Center knows how to stay in games. They never win by a lot but they are in every game no matter who the opponent is so far. They are a team with a lot of seniors where as portage is young. Youth will hurt them here soon near the end.
SouthSide Johnny
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SouthSide Johnny »

Homer Center and Blairsville will not make playoffes in my opinion. I think homer loses out to end season. Blairsville will lose to portage or mo valley to give them four losses. I watched portage last put the smack down on a solid Windber squad.
SouthSide Johnny
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SouthSide Johnny »

If Blacklick wins out which very possible, they are in. CV and Saltsburg should be wins and North Star at home isn't stretching it.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Konjo, I have a feeling you're going to have a broken heart until this season is all said and done.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths