Re: Week 3 updates!

Post by tubmill »

LV 21 Blsv. 17 final
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

NB on the last play of the game, jump ball and Diehl came down with it in the endzone.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Williamsburg 41-7 over Glendale . Congrats 3-0 blue pirates
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
HSFootball88
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by HSFootball88 »

Sportsguy95 wrote:Saw one of the worst officiated games of the year at Portage tonight, disgusted.
I thought the officiating at the game was decent. What do you think made it so awful?
GreenMachine
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GreenMachine »

HSFootball88 wrote:
Sportsguy95 wrote:Saw one of the worst officiated games of the year at Portage tonight, disgusted.
I thought the officiating at the game was decent. What do you think made it so awful?
Ya also curious why you're saying this Sportsguy95 ??? Did I miss something ??? Only thing that was glaring was the Shade fan that came onto the field and grabbed a ref to **** to him about something then was swiftly kicked out, which is something I've never seen before. Wait A minute...that wasn't you was it ?!?!?!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

formerbcplayer: I assume your comment was directed at your own BC player, #23 Janosik? It likely wouldn't have mattered in the final score, but when ANY teams' QB is scrambling, and gives himself up with a feet first slide, and a defensive player THEN drills him head first, knocking him out of the game, with ABSOLUTELY NO disqualification and subsequent week suspension penalty being called, what do you say? The officiating in this game also was a joke. FH played a typical error-filled game, and didn't deserve to win, but plays like that led to at least 6 Rangers being helped off the field. A couple of those may be done for the year. Be proud of yourselves. This won't be one of FH's better years, look out next year.
It ain't over until it's over.
HSFootball88
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by HSFootball88 »

Does anyone have any word on Shade's QB, S, and do-everything player Nash Walker? He went down early in the second quarter last night with some type of knee injury and left before the start of the second half. Was a big reason why Shade collapsed.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

....I would like to first of all, preface this post by saying that last night at the BC/FH game, the better team won. BC executed better, had a better game plan, did a better job of coaching. They 100% deserved to win that game. Earlier in this topic, formerbcplayer stated that this game was sloppy and dirty. I'm sure he didn't mean the players got their uniforms muddy. For the second home game in a row, I left the field discouraged. Not because of the outcome of the games, but because of the play of the visiting players. Last week, FH fans witnessed 3 roughing the passer penalties in ONE game, numerous personal foul penalties, and a lot of extra-curricular activity after plays were over. Last night, things were somewhat better, but several incidences were disturbing. In the 4th quarter, with still a slim chance to possibly tie the game, FH players were subject to personal fouls which eventually took FH players out of the game. A flagrant roughing the passer penalty by BC player #44, which was flagged and cost his team 15 yards, almost cost FH their starting QB. Two plays later, BC player #23 made sure the job was finished. With the QB running the ball, he gave himself up by sliding at the end of his run. #23 blatantly hit him from behind as he was on the ground, drawing an immediate flag from the official. This time the FH QB did not get up for awhile, and later was helped from the field not to return. The FH sideline was livid. According to PIAA rules interpretations, anyone who hits a QB after he "gives himself up" is to be ejected from the game, which brings about a one game suspension for the next game. The penalty flag speaks for itself. If it was in the eye of the ref that a penalty was needed because of the hit, then why wasn't the rule followed through? The offending player, #23, remained in the game. After play was resumed, the FH coaches were penalized for "vigorously objecting" to the decision by the refs to keep #23 in the game. Unbelievable. And where were the BC coaches after these incidences? Are they going to keep letting their players play like a bunch of goons. Why didn't THEY remove the offending player(s)? What are they teaching their players? We all know that football is a rough sport. But when the refs designate plays as being FOULS, it says that players committing these fouls are going BEYOND the rules of the norm. Sure, a facemask is grabbed from time to time. But no one sets out to grab someone's facemask. But the penalties I've witnessed over the last two weeks were NOT inadvertent. And in this day and age of concussion awareness, coaches and refs have to see to it that this crap stops.
OldGuy2566
Freshman
Freshman

Post by OldGuy2566 »

I agree with El-Moldo. Those players and coaches should be ashamed of themselves and the way they played. It was clear that the goal of both of FH's last two opponents was to "take out" as many players as possible and they succeeded. I can assure you of one thing, FH is a young team. There are numerous underclassmen in the starting lineup and they will be around for the next two-three years. They will not forget...