Moderator Team
Moderator Team

District 5 Rankings. Week 4

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Jim Hammett
D6SN Sports Editor
Follow me @JimHammett

District 5 A

1. Berlin 3-0. Next Game: Conemaugh Valley - Berlin has been very impressive early on, and they look poised to defend their title. The offense is keyed around Braden Fochtman, one of the premier players in the area. They should have little trouble with Conemaugh Valley this week.

2. Northern Bedford 3-0. Next Game: @ Claysburg-Kimmel – The Panthers escaped with an impressive win against Everett that saw a tremendous overall performance from their senior quarterback, Blake Over. NBC was thought to be down this year, but they just keep winning. They should beat Claysburg, but you always have to be ready to play on the road.

3. Meyersdale 3-0. Next Game: Portage – It may have taken me longer than others, but count me as a believer of the Red Raiders. They have an explosive offense that has been putting up numbers. They have a huge game with Portage this week, and it should be one of the best this weekend.

4. Windber 2-1. Next Game: @ Blacklick Valley – The Ramblers were able to take down WPIAL foe, Brentwood last weekend. The Ramblers have an excellent offense with plenty of weapons. Windber should take care of business this Friday before a huge showdown in Ligonier in two weeks.

5. Tussey Mountain 2-1. Next Game: @ Southern Huntingdon – I think Tussey is a solid football team, and they can really make some noise in this race. They should win on Friday and perhaps start a little bit of a roll.

District 5 AA

1. Bedford 2-1. Next Game: Bishop McCort – Bedford ran into a machine last week, but still I feel they are the best of the bunch right now. They have an opportunity to rebound against a struggling McCort team.

2. Everett 1-2. Next Game: Williamsburg – Everett finally got the offense rolling last week, but still came up short. Still, I think that will be a turning point. This team is well put together, and the move to go with Trevon Ward at QB should pay dividends. Williamsburg is a tough opponent, but I think Everett should win the game.

3. Chestnut Ridge 1-2. Next Game: Blad Eagle Area – Ridge has started slow, but they have a chance to get things back on track. They play such a whirlwind schedule that it will have this team battle tested for the coming weeks.