ICC Week 5

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

ICC Week 5

Post by davesandstorm »

My turn to start the thread this week!

Northern Bedford (4-0) over Southern Huntingdon (0-4)
Everett (2-2) over West Branch (0-4)
Claysburg-Kimmel (1-3) over Glendale (1-3)
Juniata Valley (2-2) over Moshannon Valley (1-3)
Tussey Mountain (3-1) over Williamsburg (3-1)

Game of the Week
Bellwood-Antis (3-1) at Mount Union (4-0)

Bellwood is Bellwood. Mount Union is unbeaten this deep into a season for the first time since 1993. They finished that year at 10-1, with their only loss coming to Forest Hills in the District 6 championship game. MU has not beaten Bellwood since 1996. They're 0 for their last 15 against the Blue Devils, with only two close calls (17-14 in 2004, 19-14 in 2008) for the entire stretch. In those 15 games Bellwood has outscored MU 573-124. I'm just going to let those numbers sink in for another sentence. That's an average score of 38-8. Mount Union has only twice scored 20+ points against the Blue Devils in that span. They've been shutout 5 times and scored only a touchdown on 4 other occasions. MU knows that this is the biggest game in MU in a decade. A win this week sets up another huge showdown next week in a possible match up of unbeatens against Northern Bedford. With all of that said...

Bellwood-Antis over Mount Union. I'm a homer, but history is not on our sides. I hope that the boys prove me wrong on Friday night! I would love to eat my words.