Sid Bream curse is OVER!!

The name says it all!
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Sid Bream curse is OVER!!

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

I still remember that Braves game. A friend of mine had video of Van Slyke trying to position Bonds, motioning for him to move in. Bonds arrogantly gave AVS the one finger salute, and a few pitches later Cabrera smoked a line drive about 30-40 feet in front of Bonds, who positioned himself so deep he was somewhere in Maryland. Bonds threw a weak 2 bouncer to home, just missing Sid Bream, who runs about an 11.5 40 yd dash. I remember VanSlyke sitting in CF for a long time. Bonds ran off the field, caught a cab, and went straight to BALCO. I laid on my couch, motionless until about 3AM.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

Melancon just isn't locating well right now. He's falling behind early in the count and hitters can just sit on the cutter on the outter half of the plate. Just like any pitcher, gotta get in the count (I'm talking to you also Locke).
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Eagle, granted if Mercer makes that throw, game over. MM still is giving up too many hits lately. Why didn't they bring up Duke Welker?
It ain't over until it's over.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Probably same reason Taillion isn't. Contractual control. Taillion stays down til June 5,2014. They control him into or past 2019. Just guessing but probably similar deal with Welker
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
voncap
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by voncap »

Wasn't Welker rumored to be the PTBNL in the Morneau deal? If so, that would explain why he was not called up.
The easiest thing to do in sports is hustle.
bleacherbum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bleacherbum »

Vic Black was PTBNL in the Morneau deal.
letsgo
Senior
Senior

Post by letsgo »

Vic Black was in the Byrd deal and now plays for the Mets.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Finally! Some run support for Burnett. And when a cagey veteran like him is pitching the way he was thru 8 innings, I say if he wants to go the 9th, let him, even if he was near 100 pitches.. Unless he gives up a couple baserunners, let him go the 9th. What did Grilli do? First batter he gives up a single. Lucky nothing worse.
It ain't over until it's over.
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

I'm glad they took him out. A.J. is prone to allowing a big inning. He had thrown well, and his next start (hoepfully) will be more important.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

How about teh Bucs' bat today!! Lots of cannonballs. The playoffs are back in the Burgh after 21 years!! I wish I could be there. I bet PNC will be rocking!!