Midseason projection for the District 5 playoffs

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Midseason projection for the District 5 playoffs

Post by Coach »

Just sitting here looking over records tonight and wanted to check this puzzle out. Here are some projections.

1. Berlin has the best shot to win out since they already played and beat Portage. They still have Mey and Win. Fochtman is a stud.

2. NBC is 5-0 and beat TM if they'd have a tie. They have two AA wins and face a 3rd AA this week in Mt Union. They also play AAA Punxsy or Bradford in week 10. With Mt Union, Bellwood, and an AAA opponent looming they are more likely to lose than Berlin.

3. Tussey Mountain is 4-1. They have a schedule that is tough but they can win every game left. They have JV, Mt Union, and Mey. They COULD beat NB in seeding (in a tie) if NB lost to both MU and AAA and TM beat MU. TM also has two AA wins winning tiebreakers against most teams. Sipes and Taylor are terrific wing backs with all kinds of speed.

4. North Star is 3-2 and has the nicest schedule left. Shade or Mey could beat them. A loss to Shade this week would really change things up. They could flip flop with Mey for the 5 spot. They can't win a tiebreaker vs NB or TM. If they went 7-2 and TM lost twice they could pass them up.

5. Meyersdale is 4-1 but has Shade, NS, Berlin, and TM left. I think TM and Berlin would be favored over them.

6. Windber is 3-2 and has Portage and Berlin remaining. They have to travel to both of those places and will be considered the underdog in both games I'd think. A win in either likely moves them up but they'd lose a tiebreaker to Mey.

7. Shade needs one of the next four to get in. They don't currently have a week 10 game. That could really hurt their playoff opportunity if they don't find a winnable replacement game. They could just beat NS this week and get in any way!

This is the best Distict 5 group I can remember.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Bullrider720
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Midseason projection for the District 5 playoffs

Post by Bullrider720 »

So if a team gets 4 wins they're automatically in playoffs?
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

Coach wrote:This is the best Distict 5 group I can remember.
Coach, you don't remember 2010? It wasn't that long ago!
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

4 gets you in.

SCube, I'm not sure I remember all the teams in 2010. Seeing Windber as a possible 6 seed shows the depth of this group. There will probably be 5 teams with at least 7 wins.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

2010, Berlin and Northern Bedford were loaded, both were better than this years BB and NB teams. North Star beat them both. Windber was Windber and Township and Meyersdale had decent teams. Coy had like 10 yards per carry for Tussey. The talent in 2010 was way ahead of this year IMO.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Midseason pick, who wins the district?

IMO Tussey and Berlin meet in the finals. Until the ICC proves something outside of Bellwood, I got Berlin.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Just saw Berlin play against North Star. They made me a believer. That #3 is an incredible runner. On one running play, I swear he reversed his field and went through the entire NS defense for the score. Very elusive
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

When he was a soph, Steve Breaston was the QB for Woodland Hills. He was probably 6'1" 150 lbs. I saw him score a TD in the WPIAL playoffs where he probably ran 120 total yards for a 35 yard TD run. He juked the whole defense and reversed field like 5 times. Most amazing run I ever saw from a HS kid.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
PApride
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by PApride »

Abpk

What are u talking about Bellwoood for? They are D6, and in any given year D6 would beat D5 if it was a number 1 vs number 1
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

It was just a reference to ICC teams not usually having a lot of postseason success. The only consistent postseason out of the ICC is Bellwood.