top underclassmen in the area

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: top underclassmen in the area

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think Levi Cook for McCort will be one of the best sophomore QB's around, also hear two freshman can start for McCort, Carnell Andrews and Anthony Walters.
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

ramfan25 wrote:It must be nice being single a and recruiting whoever you want from the altoona area...
Tell me somebody. No one is recruited to play football at BG. You can't hate on the players when they have done nothing and other teams just simply can't beat them.

If we were talking girls basketball you could have an argument
ramfan25
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ramfan25 »

D6sports101 wrote:
ramfan25 wrote:It must be nice being single a and recruiting whoever you want from the altoona area...
Tell me somebody. No one is recruited to play football at BG. You can't hate on the players when they have done nothing and other teams just simply can't beat them.

hey you don't have to get defensive... I didn't say any specific sport. But if you say basketball recruits, how would you know that football doesn't? The system is corrupt and you can't say for sure who is and isn't recruited anyways.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

D6sports101 wrote:

My cousin goes and plays on BG football team... 90% of them are originals from gridder days but they have said they have noticed a couple athletes starting to attend the program from other area schools that were never apart of their catholic school system. It may not be apparent yet but in the next 4 years recruits are going to pour in. Problem for BG is their old coach was terrible and they couldn't win. TBH i don't think they are that good and the D6 pool this year is its weakest in around a decade. Even last year was a super weak district. BG may win districts but i don't think they would come close to any previous d6 title holders the past 10 years, besides maybe last years HC.
ramfan25
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ramfan25 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I think Levi Cook for McCort will be one of the best sophomore QB's around, also hear two freshman can start for McCort, Carnell Andrews and Anthony Walters.
it's not hard to be the best sophomore QB when you are the only sophomore QB that starts in the LHAC this year
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I said "around" not in the LHAC. Around would encompass Districts 5 and 6. The topic specifies the "top underclassmen in the area" not "in the LHAC"
footballguy98
Freshman
Freshman

Post by footballguy98 »

All of BG's main players have gone through the catholic school system. The kids work hard and don't get credit for their success
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

No one wants to be a loser and when BG has great athletes and beat teams, people do have the opportunity to pay to get a catholic education and join the winning ways in athletics. BG even can compete with quad A crosstown rival Altoona with the great players they HAVE. not what they get.

Girls basketball gets hammered with recruiting speculation because they win and people want to join in. Not that they go out and pick. It's simple everyone wants to win but the people that should be penalized are the transfers not the kids who have been going to catholic school since Pre-K.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

I disagree. I am not a Catholic School hater. But, when BG can collect their student body from numerous districts around the region, even if they are kids that have been in the Catholic school system for years, it's not really fair to other local single A schools that have to compete with that.

As people have said. Fair would be the PIAA having a private school class or making them play up at least 2 divisions in size.
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

Lefteyelouie wrote:I disagree. I am not a Catholic School hater. But, when BG can collect their student body from numerous districts around the region, even if they are kids that have been in the Catholic school system for years, it's not really fair to other local single A schools that have to compete with that.

As people have said. Fair would be the PIAA having a private school class or making them play up at least 2 divisions in size.
That would be terrible that they would be penalized for going to catholic school. When you name someone from a different district or even another school please inform me.