Penn State vs. Ohio State Open Game Thread.

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn State vs. Ohio State Open Game Thread.

Post by konjo78 »

Penn State has no offensive line, hackenburg hasn't played in this type of spotlight yet. Ohio State by 20+
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

konjo78 wrote:Penn State has no offensive line, hackenburg hasn't played in this type of spotlight yet. Ohio State by 20+
Hackenburg hasn't playing in this type of spotlight yet ?!?!? Konjo are you drunk, on hard drugs or just this stupid ?!?!?

- Won the 3OT thriller last year against Michigan

- Blown out against OSU last year in Columbus

- Beat a very good Wisconsin team in Madison

Christian has been far from perfect/great recently, however "hasn't played in this type of spotlight yet." is definitely NOT a true statement.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

So BIG game inexperience will NOT be an excuse if he doesn't play good.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I don't know how anyone could argue that lack of big game experience attributes to anything for Hack. He is closing in on his second full season. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the 6th game he has played that the opponent is entering the game ranked. That is more than most QBs face in their entire career (unless they plan in the SEC).

I have mixed thoughts about Miles playing this week. As much as he would help the line, Penn State still loses by double digits with him in there. Ohio State is monstrous up front and if he were to get reinjured the rest of the way, it would likely be here or Michigan State. Next week Penn State plays a winnable game against one of the smallest DL fronts in the B1G in Maryland. Having him healthy for that game may have an impact in the final score.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Penn State did play at Michigan under the lights just two weeks ago on national tv.
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

If he doesn't play well, lack of big game experience will have nothing to do with it. What will most likely have a lot to do with it is the disparity in depth and talent between his OL and the OSU DL. He will probably be under duress most of the night and that will certainly have an effect on his (or any other QBs) performance. There is a difference between a reason and an excuse. Constantly throwing under pressure or while getting hit is a reason. Having said all that, CH has not played as well this year as last. Whether it's OL issues, lack of a running game, adapting to a new system, the inability of his WR to seperate, play calling, scheme, or the fact that he has missed throws and made poor decisions even when he has had time (most likely some combination of all those factors) he has seemed to have regressed to a degree this year. As a PSU fan, I hope he can work through all this (as has been done by many QBs who have went through a rough stretch and then gotten better) and have a better second half of the year. I just have serious doubts that the really good OSU D-Line is going to be any kind of a cure on Saturday night.
PLDragons24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PLDragons24 »

Why do we even have replay if their going to make calls like that.... It wasn't even close
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Never imagined this...heading to OT!!!
You play to win the game!!!
PLDragons24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PLDragons24 »

I'm still mad about that interception call on the first drive. PSU is moving in the right direction tho. The line played much better and the defense played great.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

...James Franklin was asked on BWI what he thought of the controversial calls by the refs in last nights loss. He replied, "I would love to come in here on a weekly basis and tell you exactly what I think, but it goes against everything that I am. I tell people the truth, but I am not able to do that". Hmmmm. During his video taped testimony during the Vanderbilt rape case, didn't he state that he had lied to his team about seeing video of the rape???? Do we REALLY want to hear what he considers the truth?