Westmont wrestling

Post by wallpaper »

I wonder how Westmont will be next year since they lost their studs to McCourt 
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Westmont wrestling

Post by CRWizard »

I saw on Knopsynder's twitter last night that they are still going to Powerade.   They must have someone on their team that will compete if they got asked back.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Speaking of McCort, congrats to Central's Shad Benton on the gig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

Derrick Chandler-Christie is a pretty good wrestler. He has qualified for states as a freshman and sophomore
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

I can't wait to see how many local wrestlers "find religion" in the off season.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Lots of talk about some of the kids that may (or are) going there.  They need lightweights, so take some guesses as to who may be headed there.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Wrestling isn't like a team sport, such as b-ball or football. It's more like throwing the shotput in track and field. It's basically every man for himself. No teammates can help you look better during a match. So what's the advantage of spending $6,000 to wrestle for BM, unless you see a benefit for wrestling for their coach?
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Stonycreek »

El-Moldo wrote:Wrestling isn't like a team sport, such as b-ball or football. It's more like throwing the shotput in track and field. It's basically every man for himself. No teammates can help you look better during a match. So what's the advantage of spending $6,000 to wrestle for BM, unless you see a benefit for wrestling for their coach?
In short the answer is wrestling partners (on a small scale) but most upper echelon wrestlers will get that during club wrestling. If some of the better lightweights gravitate to BM or even the best local lightweight it might behoove others to do so too.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Will that still justify spending $6,000 a year? And what if those better lightweights DON'T gravitate to BM. Who you gonna practice with then?
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Stonycreek »

$6,000 is a drop in the bucket for some so I suspect they will consider it either way. If they don't transfer then they practice with the same kids they have been practicing with.