Central Cambria Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Central Cambria Football

Post by 223113 »

youngbuck wrote:
Guru wrote:  Second, you are talking about replacing a coach with 30+ years of experience, again absurd.  
Love that mentality, does not matter what he has done lately, just that he has hung around for 30 years.   The culture of football and of kids has changed alot in 30 years.  I see that he is running the spread now.  
I don't remember any attacks on him or the kids in the thread, just discussion about maybe it is time for change 
When is the last time CC was relevant in District 6 or in the LHAC?
I believe Corrente was a Defensive Coordinator for 11 years at Portage,...when they were stacking up a pile of wins.
Before that, he was an assistant coach at CC, Offensive Coordinator I think, under Bussard, and McKavish  (spelling?), for like 15 years, including a District title, and several other good years.
If you're just looking for a scapegoat,  please lay that turd somewhere else. 
Corrente is a good coach, period. Ask the men he coached with.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

The real question is: Why is he nicknamed Boom??? I guess it's slightly different than Scooter.

The other question: Will Gousey claim Boom as a branch on His coaching tree???
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

CoffinCorner wrote:
knowitall wrote:When was the last time you were relevant?  It's small time high school football.
Someone asks a question , you personally attack them,
Perhaps you could define relevance as it pertains to the small time high school football we play in these parts.  To me, every team that takes the field is relevant to the kids who play and the students who attend the games to support their team.  It sure ain't about you, young buckaroo, or even me.
I read on here that teams that win their conference or the majority of their games are somehow irrelevant because they're not as good as the team that is waiting for them in the playoffs in week 13.  Division one recruits are panned on here because they drop a pass or allow a touchdown.
There's what, 500 schools playing high school football in PA.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

Why did Corrente ever leave CC?  
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

Coaching matters, but it's two-fold kids are lazy now. You need a guy who is going to get the kids out. Marabito has done that at United, but his assistants leave something to be desired. The offensive play calling is horrible. There is no rhythm or flow to anything. It looks like the United offense of 20+ years ago only without the horses to execute it. They have athletes right now, but it looks like their not put in the position to succeed.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

kmr wrote:Why did Corrente ever leave CC?  
He was passed over for head coach job?  
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

Bussard was still there so what job?
Guru
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Guru »

Correct KMR, Coach Bussard took over in 1985 as the HC when Chuck Gironda went to IUP to coach.  Coach Corrente was an assistant under Bussard soon there after.  Coffin Corner he was never "passed over". As far as I know the only time Corrente applied for the head coaching job, he got it. CrimsonLion, why don't you dust your whistle off and get into coaching.  You seem to be a great "Monday Morning QB" so bring your talents to Friday evenings and show us your stuff. I get a kick out of all of you #knowitalls and #hasbeensthatneverwere!  Too bad there isn't a competency test for you prior to posting here.  Believe me, EVERY coach is in it to win it and so are their kids.  No one game plans to lose!  In stead of keeping all of your football knowledge to yourselves, how about you volunteer at a local HS.  That is, if you can pass your background investigations, online tests and if you're willing to give up every second of your free time for the kids.
"The Devil Is In The Details"
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

Didn't Bussard leave for a few years in the late 90's or early 2000's and then come back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Guru wrote:Correct KMR, Coach Bussard took over in 1985 as the HC when Chuck Gironda went to IUP to coach.  Coach Corrente was an assistant under Bussard soon there after.  Coffin Corner he was never "passed over". As far as I know the only time Corrente applied for the head coaching job, he got it. CrimsonLion, why don't you dust your whistle off and get into coaching.  You seem to be a great "Monday Morning QB" so bring your talents to Friday evenings and show us your stuff. I get a kick out of all of you #knowitalls and #hasbeensthatneverwere!  Too bad there isn't a competency test for you prior to posting here.  Believe me, EVERY coach is in it to win it and so are their kids.  No one game plans to lose!  In stead of keeping all of your football knowledge to yourselves, how about you volunteer at a local HS.  That is, if you can pass your background investigations, online tests and if you're willing to give up every second of your free time for the kids.
Corrente was one of 5 applicants in 2011 when Sam Shutty was named coach, despite the significant youth of Shutty and the fact that Corrente had previously coached at Central Cambria and Shutty had only been the head of the junior high program.  I would say that as he applied and was not offered the job, he was passed over.   You could confirm any of that by asking anyone who was on the board at CC at the time.