Bishop McCort vs. Ligonier: AA Championship Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bishop McCort vs. Ligonier: AA Championship Thread

Post by ChrisKentRam »

I predicted 28-14 Ligonier, so I will take credit for helping to set the line. 
LloydChristmas
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LloydChristmas »

Although there is a lot of talk about Liggy's offense I think the key to this game will be the McCort O vs the Liggy D. As crimson said Liggy has 2 stud backers but don't forget that the QB everyone is talking about is a D1 recruit at safety. Smith's read and react skills are impressive... he can run and when he comes up he lays the wood on people. This game is like Florida... too close to call with only like 22% of the vote in! I guess I'll take Liggy 24-21... I'd have taken them by more but I'm not sure how communication from bear camp will be for that D
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

When was last time Ligonier Won a Dist Championship?  Also I think Ligonier should be glad that PIAA went to 6 classes as they would be facing Central Friday night and not BM.  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't believe Ligonier has even won a championship. I'm not sure they have ever been to the championship game either.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

1985 Ligonier made final and lost to Forset Hills according to piaad6.org.  Laurel Valley did win 3 in A though.  
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

LloydChristmas wrote:Although there is a lot of talk about Liggy's offense I think the key to this game will be the McCort O vs the Liggy D. As crimson said Liggy has 2 stud backers but don't forget that the QB everyone is talking about is a D1 recruit at safety. Smith's read and react skills are impressive... he can run and when he comes up he lays the wood on people. This game is like Florida... too close to call with only like 22% of the vote in! I guess I'll take Liggy 24-21... I'd have taken them by more but I'm not sure how communication from bear camp will be for that D
agree that he is a D1 safety(earned at camps in the summer, not laying wood against Saltsburg and Marion Center) and the linebackers get at it, but you got to catch it to hit it, not sure that they have seen speed like Mccort is going to bring  along with the Oline play that will allow them to get to the second level at full speed.  (I know that the PL kid was shifty)   
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

could Jerry Page, who you think of when anyone talks about Laurel Valley and current LV coach Roger Beitel be any more different
JTMcMahonLV
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JTMcMahonLV »

PLs QB did give LV some fits at times. I think he is a better athlete than anyone McCort has offensively. Maybe not overall better QB, but after watching McCort Bellwood I didn't see anyone that had his size, speed, or overall athleticism
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Campbell from PL had 51 yards rushing on 23 carries against LV...let's not get carried away here...LV will be just fine on defense...they are very fast to the ball and tackle well...McCort does too...this will be a defensive game...
JTMcMahonLV
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JTMcMahonLV »

My point is he is the best athlete they've seen carry the ball against them this year. He was at least able to make te first guy miss a few times, there were just 3 other ppl there swarming to make the tackle. I agree, definitely will be a defensive game.