Great win by Pitt!

The name says it all!
bigrig15
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Great win by Pitt!

Post by bigrig15 »

The kid is an absolute stud. Pitt secondary is awful but teams would put up 60 every game if he wasn't there to clean up everything. Huge loss. They will definitely have to throw some different coverages with him gone and I think they know that cause they seemed to try and change things up alittle but after he got hurt
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Well, according to some on this site, if Pitt beats Duke and Syracuse without an injured starter, that should IMPROVE their chances for Pitt moving closer to the top 25.
WALTER4
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WALTER4 »

223113 wrote:Oh, and when the AP Poll comes out next week, I dont expect to see Pitt in the top 25,...I'm not crazy. But, in the "Others receiving votes", I expect to see that At least 1 person might have put them at 25, giving them 1 point. Why, you might ask? Is there another team in the country that can say they Beat 2 Top Ten Teams? I dont think so, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Michigan has beaten 3 Penn State, Colorado, and Wisconsin
The Flyers are just like the Titanic. They both look good until they hit the ice

Help Control the Poor Population. Have those on wellfare spayed or neutered
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Didn't I mention this a few days ago? Anyhow, Sagarin has Pitt presently ranked at 35, which I think is very fair. Losing 4 games out of 10, even though most were very close defeats to pretty good teams ( Okla St, NC and VT), they should not be considered as top 25 material.....yet.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

WALTER4 wrote:
223113 wrote:Oh, and when the AP Poll comes out next week, I dont expect to see Pitt in the top 25,...I'm not crazy. But, in the "Others receiving votes", I expect to see that At least 1 person might have put them at 25, giving them 1 point. Why, you might ask? Is there another team in the country that can say they Beat 2 Top Ten Teams? I dont think so, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Michigan has beaten 3 Penn State, Colorado, and Wisconsin
Thx
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Still though, you can't deny Michigan beat 3 of the nation's top 10 teams.
KirkHerbstreit
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by KirkHerbstreit »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Pitt got terrible officiating against Virginia Tech, I'm not going to feel bad about getting some calls last night. But the announcers were bad. I'm just watching the second half now for the first time. I was at the McCort game last night and wasn't watching.

Clemson had an all-American QB that threw two picks at the goal line and a competent coach that should've punted on fourth and one, and they want to blame the refs?  Fine by me. All they have to do is look in the mirror.
I haven't been on in a while but WOW..terrible officiating in the VT game?  Lol.  Pitt should have been called for pass interference every play.  Honestly think Narduzzi told his corners to clutch at every opportunity, he'd complain in hopes the officials would call it less, because defending the pass was not an option.  
Clemson fans had every right to be upset about the Pitt Clemson game.  I think Narduzzi's whining paid off because they had first downs handed to them when the drive was stopped.  Amazing a team with 600 yards passing lost a game they dominated 
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

What's more amazing is what went on at We Are University for the better part of 4 decades and the wizard who claimed to know nothing about it. Get lost kid, I have a football season to coach.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

We must have watched different games. The ACC officiating has been really bad this year. If you got some bad calls, chances are you got them back in a different game. 

Wasn't Florida State upset about calls in their game with Clemson? I think Jimbo got fined 20K complaining about it. It's just been really bad this year in the ACC.  
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Narduzzi's whining paid off? I didn't know he had that much clout.