BG Rebuilding

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Footballfans4life
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: BG Rebuilding

Post by Footballfans4life »

Be careful what you wish for Public Schools. If the PIAA separates public and private it doesn't change charters and it will allow Privates to openly recruit. Just like they do in states all over the country. The best Athletes will be legally recruited to go to private schools every single year. BG BM would be even more powerful no doubt. 
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
Goldeneagles12 wrote:I remember McCort had the Cruz brothers when i was in senior high both tight ends both like 6'6".
They both went to Catholic grade school, it's not like they were brought in from some far away land. 
Crimson wasnt saying they did just remember them and Raven said something about a Muhammed i thought maybe he got them mixed up i should have clarified that sry.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

No worries, just a mix up on my end.
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

konjo78 wrote:If people dont want to call this, 'recruiting' fine. But they have had plenty of altoona lineman transfer over the past few years. I have relatives who go/went to BG. One was on the first state championship team and even he said they got a couple linemen who werent from BG originally. My youngest one says BG football is looking for athletes just like bg girls basketball used to/still does.

Whatever way you want to put it they arent playing by the same rules as most public schools do. That isnt right
This is completely false there was nobody that started on that team that didn't come through the parochial schools.  I can also guarantee that BG isn't searching for athletes
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

lhacfan63 wrote:
konjo78 wrote:If people dont want to call this, 'recruiting' fine. But they have had plenty of altoona lineman transfer over the past few years. I have relatives who go/went to BG. One was on the first state championship
team and even he said they got a couple linemen who werent from BG originally. My youngest one says BG football is looking for athletes just like bg girls basketball used to/still does.

Whatever way you want to put it they arent playing by the same rules as most public schools do. That isnt right
This is completely false there was nobody that started on that team that didn't come through the parochial schools.  I can also guarantee that BG isn't searching for athletes
I mean in their Hudl highlights they were wearing Altoona uniforms before last year, so they did go to Altoona at some point before last season.
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
lhacfan63 wrote:
konjo78 wrote:If people dont want to call this, 'recruiting' fine. But they have had plenty of altoona lineman transfer over the past few years. I have relatives who go/went to BG. One was on the first state championship
team and even he said they got a couple linemen who werent from BG originally. My youngest one says BG football is looking for athletes just like bg girls basketball used to/still does.

I mean in their Hudl highlights they were wearing Altoona uniforms before last year, so they did go to Altoona at some point before last season.
if you had read konjos comment he was talking about the first state championship team and that's what I was referring to.  so don't jump to conclusions
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I did read it, he didn't say they were on that team, he said his relative was on the first championship team and that "they have had plenty plenty of Altoona linemen transfer over THE PAST FEW YEARS"
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:I did read it, he didn't say they were on that team, he said his relative was on the first championship team and that "they have had plenty plenty of Altoona linemen transfer over THE PAST FEW YEARS"
they way I take konjos comment is that he had a relative who were on that first state championship team who said we had lineman from Altoona.  While Ramsey was on that team he never played for Altoona high he played junior high ball
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I will totally agree the 2014 team was 100% homegrown talent. But since then they have had at least one kid here and there that wasn't originally a BG kid.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

The 2014 Altoona team was 3-4 TDs better than the 2014 BG team.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown