BG Rebuilding

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: BG Rebuilding

Post by lhacfan63 »

WPIAL~Titan wrote:The 2014 Altoona team was 3-4 TDs better than the 2014 BG team.
not true maybe 1 td if that
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Im sorry i didnt mean the 2014 i meant the 2015 and 16 teams. A few of these players transfered to bg near springtime so he saw them come in then.

You can call me a liar but ill believe people in that attend the school than alumni trying to save face
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

konjo78 wrote:Im sorry i didnt mean the 2014 i meant the 2015 and 16 teams. A few of these players transfered to bg near springtime so he saw them come in then.

You can call me a liar but ill believe people in that attend the school than alumni trying to save face
that makes more sense and when refereeing to the 2015 team yes Ramsey and Mcgeary both came from Altoona however Ramsey came before 9th grade and mcgeary quit playing football midway through his sophomore year at Altoona due to differences with the coaching staff.  And don't act like I'm an alumni trying to save face I know far more of what goes on with that team than anybody on here.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

lhacfan63 wrote:
WPIAL~Titan wrote:The 2014 Altoona team was 3-4 TDs better than the 2014 BG team.
Sorry Lhacfan...BG would've had no answer for Givens or Mencer and Altoona would've dominated the LoS.
Altoona 2014 beats BG 2014 something like 40-14.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

WPIAL~Titan wrote:
lhacfan63 wrote:
Sorry Lhacfan...BG would've had no answer for Givens or Mencer and Altoona would've dominated the LoS.
Altoona 2014 beats BG 2014 something like 40-14.
now lets not turn this into a thread of what ifs so we'll agree to disagree. I personally think that bg would've easily countered mencer and I feel that Altoona wouldn't've had an answer for Berger.  I think the line play would have been very even and that the only thing that would've won the game for Altoona would be their depth.
stang4life
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stang4life »

lhacfan63 wrote:
konjo78 wrote:Im sorry i didnt mean the 2014 i meant the 2015 and 16 teams. A few of these players transfered to bg near springtime so he saw them come in then.

that makes more sense and when refereeing to the 2015 team yes Ramsey and Mcgeary both came from Altoona however Ramsey came before 9th grade and mcgeary quit playing football midway through his sophomore year at Altoona due to differences with the coaching staff.  And don't act like I'm an alumni trying to save face I know far more of what goes on with that team than anybody on here.
Lhacfan63, I agree, you don't sound like an alumni saving face..but you do sound like a coach defending your team...
Altoona beats BG in 2014..even Portage gave BG a good game in '14
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Good point stang. Portage hung with BG in 2014. Anyone who saw both Altoona and BG play in 2014 knows that Altoona by 4 TDs is a lot closer to the truth. Givens and Mencer are the two best talents to come from the area in the last 10 years and it's not even close. That Altoona team also had a core of kids who were just really good HS football players. I guess the 2014 BG team would've hung with Pine Richland too.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
stang4life
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stang4life »

Agree, Portage held their own that night..actually only a handful of plays from a probable win. Seen Altoona play that year also, they had some studs.
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

WPIAL~Titan wrote:Good point stang. Portage hung with BG in 2014. Anyone who saw both Altoona and BG play in 2014 knows that Altoona by 4 TDs is a lot closer to the truth. Givens and Mencer are the two best talents to come from the area in the last 10 years and it's not even close. That Altoona team also had a core of kids who were just really good HS football players. I guess the 2014 BG team would've hung with Pine Richland too.
OK now your just being ridiculous I never said 2014 BG would beat 2014 Altoona. and I know for a fact that BG would have gotten killed by 2014 Pine Richland.  All I said was that BG wouldn't get blown out I feel it would have been a 21-14 or 24-14 type of game
LoveOftheGame
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LoveOftheGame »

To be fair, the 2014 BG team beat Somerset that year. A team that made it to the final four in AAA. They lost to an Archbishop Wood team that had Ryan Bates, Jake Cooper, Anthony Russo and a young Mark Webb. Altoona had one of its best teams in years but that doesn't mean they were great. Mencer and Givens were the best talent Altoona had since Alexander. Their offensive line still wasn't all that great and they didn't have a quarterback. Altoona may have won the game but there is a good chance it would have been close. Anyone suggesting that it would be a 3 to 4 TD blowout is absurd. Altoona's best win that year was against an average Bethel Park team in the playoffs. Every game they should have won they did. Any game that would have been a quality win they got blown out.