100 pitch limit

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 100 pitch limit

Post by lgb87cape »

say_oww wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:Is a Joke. Now teams will be pressed into pitching kids that never pitch and they'll be the ones with the sore arms. ...
Possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. That, my friends, is why there are rules in place. 
My friend who cares what you think. Everything is complicated enough these days with re-entry , courtesy runners and all the other non major league rules that are created to confuse everybody.  I've been around baseball for 43 years and have seen everything. Oh and I've forgotten more about baseball than you'll ever know...
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Whose turn is it to walk the dinosaur?
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by hitnrun10r »

I feel that the rules are good for high school baseball. Teams can't ride that one good pitcher they have and screw up his arm. It also creates a certain strategy and can prove the depth a team has. Coaches still have to monitor their pitchers and make them run and do their exercises after they pitch for this to be effective.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

No wonder they need so many assistant coaches these days.
It ain't over until it's over.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

lgb87cape wrote:
say_oww wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:Is a Joke. Now teams will be pressed into pitching kids that never pitch and they'll be the ones with the sore arms. ...
Possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. That, my friends, is why there are rules in place. 
My friend who cares what you think. Everything is complicated enough these days with re-entry , courtesy runners and all the other non major league rules that are created to confuse everybody.  I've been around baseball for 43 years and have seen everything. Oh and I've forgotten more about baseball than you'll ever know...
Obviously!  But please clarify "around" baseball for us... does that mean 43 years of going to local games and whining?  Its funny that you are so worked up over a pitch count rule when it makes a whole heck of a lot more sense than the old innings rules.  But hey, like you said, you've seen it all.