Mountain League Week 0

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Mountain League Week 0

Post by Joe Bivitz »

SwaggyJ23 wrote:Joe Bivitz shouldn't be on here doesn't know football and says player shouldn't celebrate? He broke his collarbone diving for the pylon dude? Never happened when he bumped shoulder with player I know the kid smh
Watch it again if you get a chance. He got up and was perfectly fine when waving both arms to pump up the crowd. He looked perfectly fine running the 10 yards towards his teammate to chest bump. He went down after the chest/shoulder bump. Any chance he told you he did it diving for the pylon because he was too embarrassed to admit he got hurt celebrating???  Just saying. 
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

Also it was his left collarbone which he landed on
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Yes the playing calling is horrible. Had a offensive scheme and playbook that worked for 20 years and got rid of it.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I will admit with what Tyrone had coming back this year and what I saw from BA in our scrimmage I thought Tyrone would win pretty handily. Congrats to the Blue Devils.

Who was the Tyrone player that got hurt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Tyrone (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) @ Bellwood-Antis (Dist 6 AA 0-0-0) Another edition of the Backyard Brawl. Tyrone is looking to bounce back after their first losing season since 1992. The good news is that they have all of their offensive weapons back. Alot of underclassmen found the field last year and it should pay off. Bellwood is out for revenge this year after falling short in the final minutes a year ago. I just don't think Hayes has the QB play to make that happen this year.
Yes that is definately an open mouth insert foot.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

After watching game again I can say it's not coaching. Bellwood dominated Tyrone in the trenches. Tyrones talk all offseason was how good the line was supposed to be..... Friday did not show that
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:Yes the playing calling is horrible. Had a offensive scheme and playbook that worked for 20 years and got rid of it.
Its hard to call anything when there is no one blocking. I think that is the biggest issue after you watch the game again.
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

I know a lot has changed since then but it is also interesting pointing out that the group of seniors Tyrone has now lost to Bellwood there 9th grade year and went on to win the rest of their games
Chevytrucks75
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Chevytrucks75 »

I don't think it was a hundred percent line problem that contributed but your qb has to run up field when givin a lane, a high school qb with that size should be a threat as a runner. The lane play definitely needs to improve but they weren't the whole problem, just saying!
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

I also believe this team is capable of being good they have the players to do so. Just have to work harder and focus