Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Basketball 1-8 thru 1-13

Post by DragonsDoExist »

upnorth wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Bellefonte 61
Central 47

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did that happen?  The Red Raiders have really struggled this year.
For as long as I can remember we have struggled up there. I was at the girls game so I didn't see it but was told the 3s weren't falling and the Red Raiders couldn't miss.

You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Exciting LHAC Games tomorrow.

On the Girls side, Bishop Carroll at Forest Hills is a pretty big one.  BC is a firm state title contender in class A, and Forest Hills has the type of team that can make some noise in AAAA.  BG, Penn Cambria, and Central Cambria, and Cambria Heights all have nice teams, but the winner of this section should come down to the Rangers and Huskies. 

On the Boys side 9-1 Richland goes to 9-0 Bishop McCort.  Richland hasn't played since last Wednesday, and McCort has played 3 games already this week, so that's something to consider.   Richland appears to be the best team around, and should be able to make a nice run in class AAA.  McCort is a bit of a surprise this season, but they way they are playing they should have a chance, especially at home. These two, along with Johnstown should be the main competitors for Section II boys.
And of course, both games proved to be blowouts.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Box scores are in the papers everyday.
If you drive to where they sell an Altoona Mirror, lol.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Exciting LHAC Games tomorrow.

On the Girls side, Bishop Carroll at Forest Hills is a pretty big one.  BC is a firm state title contender in class A, and Forest Hills has the type of team that can make some noise in AAAA.  BG, Penn Cambria, and Central Cambria, and Cambria Heights all have nice teams, but the winner of this section should come down to the Rangers and Huskies. 

On the Boys side 9-1 Richland goes to 9-0 Bishop McCort.  Richland hasn't played since last Wednesday, and McCort has played 3 games already this week, so that's something to consider.   Richland appears to be the best team around, and should be able to make a nice run in class AAA.  McCort is a bit of a surprise this season, but they way they are playing they should have a chance, especially at home. These two, along with Johnstown should be the main competitors for Section II boys.
And of course, both games proved to be blowouts.
The Lady Rangers were NEVER in their game.  Congrats to the Lady Huskies, a very nice looking TEAM who played as a team.  Their D was lock-down.  My only beef is Gongloff, up by 24 points most of the 4th quarter, and the starters were in there till the final whistle.  WTF?
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'd say the losing team has to call off the dogs first in blowouts. In the boys game last night between Richland/McCort, both starters played until the final whistle, and it was pretty much over 2 minutes into the third quarter.

I'm sure if McCort pulled the starters and conceded, Richland would have obliged. But otherwise, that's just how it goes.
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

I agree Ghost - why would the coach of the leading team put JVs in to play the others team's starters just to watch his lead start to shrink. The losing team has to call "No mas" 
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Watched Philipsburg leave their 1k point scorer in vs our JV girls in a 30 point loss. She finished with 31 of teams 40 and got 10 of those in last 5 minutes vs JV team. Lol

You play to win the game!!!
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

DragonsDoExist wrote:Watched Philipsburg leave their 1k point scorer in vs our JV girls in a 30 point loss. She finished with 31 of teams 40 and got 10 of those in last 5 minutes vs JV team. Lol

Hey they have to have something to celebrate about hahahahahahahahahahahaha
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

FH 67 PC 60. Close game all the way . PC up to start 7-0 and 9-2. FH up by no more than 10 late PC cut it back to 7 several times.  Oh!! Loved the LHAC baseball banner saying 2017 champs . Sorry co- champs but due to stupid date deadlines PC was the outright champs last year. Can't wait for Spring...
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

I read Cory Isenberg's story of the Richland/BM game last night in the Tribune. After the 1st two paragraphs, you could see where she was headed with it; the fact that Richland was AAA and BM was AA. As Robert Frost once said, "And that has made all the difference".