College Hoops

The name says it all!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: College Hoops

Post by abpk2903 »

I agree that Watkins appears to be a bad egg.  He probably shouldn't be on the team or under scholarship at this point.  In life, people that are really good at what they do get the second, third, and fourth chances that many others aren't granted.  If you are your companies top salesman that is responsible for generating a large portion of their annual revenue, a DUI or maybe even a second DUI may not get you fired.  If you are barely meeting your sales numbers, then a texting while driving in a company car may get you a termination. Remember Satchel Pierce will be out until at least mid-December due to academic ineligibility.  That may have bought Watkins one last chance.  They did win the NIT tournament without Watkins or nearly any contributions from Pierce.     
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Nobody INTENTIONALLY goes out to drink and drive. Anyone can have one too many at a wedding reception and get in trouble. BUT possessing drug paraphernalia, or blatantly punching someone in the face, is something that you WILLINGLY do and have NO excuse for. Is there such a phrase as "Five strikes you're out"?
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Please take a second and read what you just wrote.  Drinking and driving is 1 billion times worse of an offense than having a grinder in your gym bag.  Both of those acts the person is solely responsible for but the difference is the grinder in the gym back can't run over a child in a crosswalk. I don't care one bit about the drug paraphernalia charge.  If someone checked my gym bag when I was in college, they would probably find something similar. There isn't an excuse for cutting line at for a McDouble and punching someone in the face for calling you out.  I am not defending this guy.  You are just using your age old tactic of saying something utterly ridiculous in order to entice an argument. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

....when Moldo opens his eyes at night, he sees his Hate State banner written on the ceiling...
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

When abpk opens his eyes, he sees the "Penn State right or wrong" banner. I'm sure Sandy Barbour will be fair. Whatever benefits the program.
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Huh?   
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I said he is wrong and shouldn't be on the team. 
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

You play to win the game!!!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I was just logging on to post this.  
I hope he can earn his degree and he can make a better life for himself and any children he may have. I really don’t care if he plays basketball for Penn State again.  Our inner cities will not get better if we don’t help people that weren’t blessed with stability amoungst their family, friends, and community. 
I am vaguely family with area in which he (and Shep Garner) are from. Let me tell you, most people on this message board have absolutely no idea...don’t even pretend that you can relate. 
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Interesting read in the Tribune today about Pitt's basketball win against St. Louis yesterday. It's amazing, though, what can be said in a sports article. Two times in the article, Matt Sugam of the AP mentioned how easy Pitt's schedule has been so far. He stated that, "The Panthers are undefeated thanks to a soft schedule" and "Despite being undefeated, Pitt has not received votes in the AP poll do to the caliber of opponents". Is it really necessary for the local paper to mention it TWICE?Was the article about Pitt's narrow win against a better opponent, or a cut about how lucky they are to have played a bunch of nobodies. Most local interested B-Ball fans know the situations of scheduling, right? Get used to it Pitt fans. You're gonna see it the rest of the season. Unbelievable.