Playoff Rankings - Week 9

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Red and Black
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Playoff Rankings - Week 9

Post by Red and Black »

coachcarter wrote:Dragon question for you....since the gap has widened in points between Richland and Liggy, can Ligonier pass Richland for the 1 seed if Richland somehow lost to Ridge this week? You do a great job with the points thing! 
I think if LV wins and Richland loses, LV passes them no matter what else happens. In that case, Richland would end up with 1350 for sure and 1360 if Somerset beats CC.
LV would have 1370 for sure if they win:  1190 + 90 (single A Shade) + 90 (Shade’s 9 wins.) LV could get as many as 90 more than that (1460 total) if every HC team beats every WP team in the crossovers.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

coachcarter wrote:Dragon question for you....since the gap has widened in points between Richland and Liggy, can Ligonier pass Richland for the 1 seed if Richland somehow lost to Ridge this week? You do a great job with the points thing! 
Yes they can. The benefit of the crossover is the game vs an undefeated Shade would be worth 180 points alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Red and Black nailed it.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

TheAnalyst wrote:Doesn't the PIAA decide where you participate in the playoffs? If schools got to decide, teams would be jumping to D5 to participate.
However, that bracket is bad. No team will have a winning record. And I don't know if you can count Somerset in yet. I haven't seen any updated points yet.
I’m honestly not sure who’s call that is. I was just told that in 3A D5 would be participating with D8/9 this year rather than D6 like in years past. This was the reason for D6 only taking 4 teams this year as the winner will then play a 4+ loss team from D5/8/9 in the 1st round of interdistricts.

Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

Purchase Line entered Friday's game 1-7.  After steamrolling Saltsburg, they are still alive for a play-off spot.  The only way they can make it is to jump Blacklick Valley for 12th. 

To do this they will need Saltsburg's help.  If PL beats Ferndale they'll close the gap to Blacklick from 130 points to 20 points.  If Saltsburg beats Blacklick and Blairsville beats North Star they'll get those 20 points.  The only other place Blacklick could get points from is if Winber beats Homer.  If that doesn't happen the two would be tied at 370 points. 

Tie Breaker is as follows:

Head to head-  N/ A
Record vs common opponent:  Only common opponent would be Saltsburg and Ferndale.  PL would be 2-0, Blacklick 1-1

Just found it pretty interesting how probably no one thought PL would have a shot at the play-offs heading into Friday night at 1-7 yet here they are in a situation that altough not likely, certainly possible. 
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

In AAA, if Huntingdon beats Tyrone (and let’s say PC somehow beats forest hills), who would get the 4th spot? Huntingdon or PC? And if PC wins & Tyrone wins can PC jump Tyrone for the last spot? I’m not good with the points thing. That’s an interesting jumble there for that last spot it seems.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Playoff Rankings - Week 9

Post by DragonsDoExist »

IHeartFootball2 wrote:In AAA, if Huntingdon beats Tyrone (and let’s say PC somehow beats forest hills), who would get the 4th spot? Huntingdon or PC? And if PC wins & Tyrone wins can PC jump Tyrone for the last spot? I’m not good with the points thing. That’s an interesting jumble there for that last spot it seems.
Wins by both PC and Tyrone would make things interesting.

Huntingdon needs a win and a PC loss.
WH needs a win or a PC loss.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

WH plays a pretty hot Heights team this week. That could scramble 4th place in 3A too.
It ain't over until it's over.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Tyrone currently at 520 would pick up 140 with a win over Huntingdon and likely only get 10 power points if BA beats SH which is not a given. So projected 670.

PC currently at 480 would pick up 170 with win over Forest Hills. That would put them at 650. They are guaranteed 10 power points from CC/Somerset winner so they would need Heights or Jtown to win to get them the other 10 points to force a tiebreaker scenario.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

PC isn’t beating FH so that was a waste of 5 minutes of my life. Lol