Finish this statement

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Finish this statement

Post by knowitall »

But would he have gotten D1 looks if he was 5’10”?
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

But would Lebron be Lebron if he was 6'2"?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

knowitall wrote:But would he have gotten D1 looks if he was 5’10”?
You can't teach size, every bleacher coach knows that
Ramnationfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ramnationfan »

Hauser has a great year. Unfortunately taken out of the Chesnut Ridge game bc didn’t have the skill set need to beat them. All great choices. I’m a Richland fan but can’t argue Cecere is hands down is one of the best Overall athlete this area has ever seen. Not only in football. The kid is a freak of nature. Not his fault he’s 6’4”. As a junior he had lots of offers to play D1 football. From what I’ve seen him post on Twitter. Penn State, Pitt, UCLA, and Duke. You don’t get sideline passes to games if you’re not a DI recruit! Fyfe is a great choice. Although I’d argue the competition he played. The West Pac went 0-10 against the Hertiage conference. Imagine how he would do in the LHAC. Don’t get me wrong the kid can throw a ball. But best overall?? Cecere kicked, ran, threw, and led his team on defense. This is a no brainer!
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
SPORTSGURU814 wrote:

I think it’s the other way around chose baseball because football wasn’t in the picture average QB at best and that’s having seen him since a freshman maybe different positions would of generated more interest from some schools 
Average at best? So in your opinion you could go to any high school football game and expect to see an Adam Cecere or better playing for both teams? 
Even against Richland who was the best team in the area he threw for 250 yards and 2 TD's not exactly bad. Not saying he's a D1 QB but he would have definitely gotten looks had he not picked baseball prior to his junior year 
What I am saying is your talking about the laurel highlands let’s be real with ourselves conference has been down for about 3-4 yrs now but anyway he steps outside of D6 he struggles my opinion just from watching everyone is entitled to one and even with picking baseball if a program wanted you they are still going to come after you 
Ramnationfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ramnationfan »

LHAC down? Richland won the D6 championship! BG has won states and FH won the D6 title too. And if you look Cecere was recruited by Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, Duke, and UCLA. For Football. If you look on his Twitter. He shows vists to all of those schools for football. Just because he didn’t choose football doesn’t mean he wasn’t be recruited.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

We’re choosing the overall local football player of the year.  That should be based on overall performance, not on how many division 1 recruiting offers or visits one reeeived
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I agree, although usually the best players have more college opportunities than everyone else anyway.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

SPORTSGURU814 wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
SPORTSGURU814 wrote:

I think it’s the other way around chose baseball because football wasn’t in the picture average QB at best and that’s having seen him since a freshman maybe different positions would of generated more interest from some schools 
Average at best? So in your opinion you could go to any high school football game and expect to see an Adam Cecere or better playing for both teams? 
Even against Richland who was the best team in the area he threw for 250 yards and 2 TD's not exactly bad. Not saying he's a D1 QB but he would have definitely gotten looks had he not picked baseball prior to his junior year 
What I am saying is your talking about the laurel highlands let’s be real with ourselves conference has been down for about 3-4 yrs now but anyway he steps outside of D6 he struggles my opinion just from watching everyone is entitled to one and even with picking baseball if a program wanted you they are still going to come after you 
uhh the LHAC has been very good the last 3-4 years. '15 had BG and Bedford. '16 had Jtown, BG, and BM. '17 had another good BG team, Forest Hills, and BM. This year was down overall but had a very good Richland team, a CR team that was a big surprise, and a bounce back FH team. Last year Cecere had 342 yards and 3 TD's against a good Sharon team
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

12HankQB wrote:
SPORTSGURU814 wrote: Last year Cecere had 342 yards and 3 TD's against a good Sharon team
But he’s “just average at best”. Who wouldn’t have put up those stats from local teams? I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, and there are players who are close to him, I would just want to know who’s better locally or even regionally.