LHAC - predictions

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: LHAC - predictions

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

My impressions of the two...

Richland has a good basketball program, respectable baseball program, and an up-and-down football program that is currently. 'up'. 

Forest Hills has a (historically) good football program that hasn't been as great lately, good baseball program, respectable basketball program. 

For local, District 6, LHAC etc. I'd say they are both two of the better ones across all sports. 
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Didn't Forest Hills play in the last two district title games?  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

It has. But the parameters theprophet set were a five year basis. And I think Forest Hills was 5-6 the three years prior to the District championship appearances. So I was just basing off of that. 

Late 90’s-early 2000’s. I don’t know if there were any six loss seasons for Forest Hills. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

In the 90's FH won over 100 games. They have their nadirs the same as everyone else. They seem to be entering into one now.
It ain't over until it's over.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Forest Hills is a much better sports school than Richland. It is now and has always been. Richland fans so desperately want to be in that arena with the better sports schools but you can’t erase decades of pitiful sports. Just because you have 1 good year of football shouldn’t mean you buy rings either. It’s clownish to me. I have a lot of respect for forest hills sports programs
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Manfred wrote:In the 90's FH won over 100 games.  They have their nadirs the same as everyone else.  They seem to be entering into one now.
The great late 90s early 00s FH vs Tyrone games good times.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

So why the hate about a team wanting to honor its players with rings? Jealousy? FH every year honors its Senior players with watches. At least they did, for a long stretch of years. I know because I bought one someone had hocked at a local jewelery store.
It ain't over until it's over.
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

A great way to see the overall success of the lhac programs would be to see the list of the winner of the all sports trophy in the conference. I am not even sure if the trophy is still in existence. If it is (cant find the list to see), that would answer the question of the most successful school(s) in the lhac. Does anyone know the active website to see if this is included on their site?
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Manfred wrote:So why the hate about a team wanting to honor its players with rings?  Jealousy?   FH every year honors its Senior players with watches.  At least they did, for a long stretch of years.  I know because I bought one someone had hocked at a local jewelery store.
It’s not hate it’s just an old school mentality that rings are left for the ultimate prize.  That’s why when you get married you give a ring you don’t give out rings when you just date a girl, lol.  A watch is fine, D6 gives you medals that’s good enough.  Giving out rings just screams looks at us we are good, but in reality it’s an accomplishment that every school in this area has achieved.  That’s not special, it’s good but not special to win a D6.  Now when you look at state title winners it’s a small fraternity and deserves rings.
It just shows how immature and desperate Richland sports program is.  I would of been like James Harrison if my kid was on the team and gave it back. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

So prophet, whose bench did you sit on when you were in school?