United forfeits to Ligonier next week

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: United forfeits to Ligonier next week

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Lol gotta bring PSU into the conversation some way I guess. I’m sure Idaho didn’t care since they got 1.5 million for playing.
TallDom85
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TallDom85 »

What a strange thing to put in a story ... why not just say lack of interest? And does the tribune review even go to Heritage media day?

"During the Heritage Conference/WestPAC media day, United players said a lot of their friends are lazy and others try to specialize in one sport because it’s easier, leading to a shorthanded roster."

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/united-fo ... er-valley/
TallDom85
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TallDom85 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
TallDom85 wrote:How is this LV's fault? United had 16 players going into last night and still played Blairsville ... why not forfeit that game too?

I realize kids have other things to fill their time nowadays, but it's incredible how a team coming off a district final appearance started this year with less than 20 players. You'd think interest would be UP after a year like United had last year.
Because United doesn't want to give LV the satisfaction of putting up 90. Like PSU disgracing themselves today by put up 79 on Idaho. PSU will get there's 6-6. 7-5 this year. 
Disgracing? I mean if the 3rd string scoring is disgrace then, sure I suppose. 
Ligonier goes out of its way not to run up the score.

Do you know Homer for some reason only punted once vs LV, and LV played third stringers and kneeled on an extra point late in that game? They could've scored 100+ that night if they wanted to.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

Talldom, in regards to your post about the article, it's because the writer is a jackass. See the thread from a few weeks ago, he puts stuff in his articles that he doesn't check for accuracy. 
ICSoccer33
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ICSoccer33 »

The heritage schools will always have their ups and down when it comes to football seasons. Saltsburg, United, and im sure it will be someone else the following year as well. It is a smart move on United's part not to play the game. Live to fight another day.
Sykotyk
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Sykotyk »

Only real option for a game is Adena in Ohio had their opponent cancel on them as well.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

TallDom85 wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote: Because United doesn't want to give LV the satisfaction of putting up 90. Like PSU disgracing themselves today by put up 79 on Idaho. PSU will get there's 6-6. 7-5 this year. 
Disgracing? I mean if the 3rd string scoring is disgrace then, sure I suppose. 
Ligonier goes out of its way not to run up the score.

Do you know Homer for some reason only punted once vs LV, and LV played third stringers and kneeled on an extra point late in that game? They could've scored 100+ that night if they wanted to.
Going out of your way not to run up the score would mean punting on first down or kneeling. Scoring, scoring, scoring is running it up. 
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

Is United playing this week?
pigskin50
Freshman
Freshman

Post by pigskin50 »

Who cares?
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

Crushersports wrote:Is United playing this week?
Crushersports, the last I heard, they are planning to play this week (Penns Manor).