Re: WestPAC regular season Champion?

Post by costanza »

The three affected teams.... sorry about the typo
Red and Black
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Red and Black »

It is points if it’s a 3-way tie at 8-1. And I think Berlin is out no matter what. If Portage wins by 10 or less, then Meyersdale is champion. Portage has to win by 12 or more to clinch the title. If Portage wins by 11, they and Meyersdale are tied on point differential and I assume they would be coin toss.

I’m not 100% sure of any of this but I think so.
StraightOuttaPortage
Junior
Junior

Post by StraightOuttaPortage »

Red and Black wrote:It is points if it’s a 3-way tie at 8-1. And I think Berlin is out no matter what. If Portage wins by 10 or less, then Meyersdale is champion. Portage has to win by 12 or more to clinch the title. If Portage wins by 11, they and Meyersdale are tied on point differential and I assume they would be coin toss.

I’m not 100% sure of any of this but I think so.
Hate to say it but if that’s the case best case scenario for Portage would be win by less than 12 unless we’re far enough up that the last game doesn’t matter. I think this team is capable of winning D6 but theres no sense in risking getting guys hurt the week before the playoffs against Ligonier. 
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

Do we think Portage will actually beat Myersdale? And do we think they can compete this year against Homer, BG or Juniata Valley for a district title? (Honest question...I have not seen them yet)
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

SteelTownSpud wrote:Do we think Portage will actually beat Myersdale? And do we think they can compete this year against Homer, BG or Juniata Valley for a district title? (Honest question...I have not seen them yet)
Portage Is fairly big up front, nice selection of skill players and probably the fastest and most aggressive team defensively I've seen In a while here. Couple that with a fantastic field general on both sides of the ball in Connor Price, they COULD beat all of the teams you named. Now WILL they.....that's a story to be written yet.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

I agree with portage pride..... portage is really good this year 
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Really good?  How many wins against teams with rosters of 15?  Really big upfront, hmmm.  Beat Meyersdale to win the westpac and find out what big upfront looks like.   
Haven't we heard this story before, Portage is really good this year. And yet no district titles under Gouse.