Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Re: Fall Sports

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Guys it’s about community spreading.

People who are Asymptomatic can spread it throughout without knowing. It’s not like sports are never going to return, but if it takes a year until this gets under control so be it.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Take it from someone who us living in an area seeing cases rise by the day..... Dont think for "ME AND NOW". Think about we and the future.

1 year of sacrafice a way of living might mean you, someone in your family or someone else may get to live years of their life out?

Bunch of spoiled old adults here thinking "they arent living".... is your heart beating? Are your lungs taking in air? You are living and be blessed you are.

Imagine how people had to live through so many difficult parts of time in history.... they would probably slap people on the face for what some people complain about after only 3 months of this.

Older generations love to talk down on youth for having "egos" but its become quite clear it doesnt matter what age group there is there is always a God complex with them.
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

I certainly don't feel like a spoiled adult for being frustrated by the way this has been handled. Our world today is not the same as it was through difficult times in history. Hell, if I had the chance, I'd go back in time and live in simpler times. But we can't do that, so we are where we are.

Here's my beef with all this. Think of your local barber, your local restaurant, the contractor you use for those projects on your house, your ma and pop grocery store, etc. Those small businesses built themselves through hard work, sacrifice, risk, and willpower. Those businesses were forced to shut down for months. Those that they employed were left without work. And for what? To slow the spread of a virus that has less than 1% mortality rate.

I bought into they hype early on. I bought into the 2 week shutdown we were told it would be. I bought into it so we could "flatten the curve". And then the goal line kept moving. And moved again, and again, and again. Then I realized this isn't about a virus. This is absolutely about control of the masses, and if you don't see that, you're blind to it. I could give a rats **** about FoxNews, CNN, or any other mainstream media. They all suck. They all have an agenda. And that's a shame. They are using their power of the 1st Amendment and crapping on all of us to push their agenda. This whole thing has turned into an election year control. I'm not a "Trumper", and I sure as hell ain't for Biden either. We need a leader that will unite us, like Reagan during the Cold War, like FDR through the Great Depression and World War II. Neither of these cats being put in front of us today have the capability of being someone that will unite the nation. Maybe as a nation we are beyond hope for that and that's sad.

Honestly, I could care less if professional sports are shut down for a year. Go for it. Those athletes and owners have (or should have) the funds to get through that. But I do care about high school sports being shut down any longer than they already have. 99.9% of these kids get ONE opportunity in their life to play an organized sport. They get one opportunity to build bonds that will last a lifetime. If you feel, on a personal level, that your immunity is compromised, or that you may come in contact with someone you love that is, then by all means, stay away. Or wear a mask. I won't judge anyone that does that. But I'll be damned if I am going to sit by and let you judge ME for having an opinion that is different than yours. If I want to make that choice without fear, then so be it. Call me a spoiled old fart, I could care less what anyone thinks. Maybe I am. But I do know that I won't let any person, news organization, or politician control what I believe in. We were all played for fools in this. And I'll be damned if I'll be fooled again.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Go talk to states like florida and texas now about being "fooled" again.... They stated the same stupid BS you just did that its all "hype", media driven and about control. Their numbers are on their way up to higher than theyve been at any point with govenors who are doing little to nothing about it now.

We have seen 122k deaths in 3 months from COVID-19. With numbers on the rise in many states thatll probably be over 200k in august, and who knows what it will be like by the end of the year.

I do think about those local businesses who are struggling now, but they are going to struggle much more because of how this has been handled.... Covid isnt going away anytime this year, even in areas that are open many people arent going out to those businesses. The things that needed and should of been done to freeze the economy right now werent, and because we are america everyone NEEDS money like the drug it is. Thats why americas at the top of covid lists
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

I'm pretty sure this conversation is going to happen, if it hasn't happened already........

Hey Tom, this is Joe, uh, er, Joe Biden. I’m running for governor, um, I mean, should have said, Vice Presi……, er, um, President. Yeah that’s it. Hey, I wanted to check on you and see about the great state of Michi…., er, um, damnit Jill where’s he from again? Pennsylvania, yeah, that’s it. Anyway, look, here’s the deal, like so, I mean, I was thinking before I called you, really hoping you pull out some magic and deliver that state for me in September, what’s that Jill? Oh, November. Yeah the election in November. Think you can do that Joe, um, I mean Frank? I think it’s really important that you listen, to, um, look, here’s the deal, I mean, over there, but anyway. Well look, I, I, um, if you can deliver the state of Mississippi for me Tom, there’s a cabinet position waiting for you in my administration. If you can’t, well, you know, it’s probably the end of your political career. What’s that Jill? I said Pennsylvania damnit, didn’t you hear me right? What do you mean I can’t say that to him? Anyway Tom, really counting on you. Cabinets? You make cabinets Tom? That’s great, really great. That’s a great career for you. Look, here’s what I’m saying, the deal, um, er, so here’s the plan, that 2nd wave of the virus, we’re going to spin that up around September when people are voting we’re going to….. Damnit Jill, what now? Yeah, they vote in November. I said that. Anyway, so Tom, when we start the 2nd wave in the media, look, what I’m saying is, go ahead and shut down that great state of Colorado again and that will surely get the masses pissed off at Trump. Because, you know, um, look, that’s what I’m trying to say to you. You’ll do that for me Tom? Perfect! I’ll have you making cabinets in my administration in no time. Take care Tom. Jill – come over here so I can smell your hair. This dang mask doesn’t help.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

2nd wave is starting to happen now.... about 1/3rd of US states are seeing new case number as high if not higher than march or april....

I know this may come as a shock to you but COVID-19 doesnt care who you vote for.... doesnt even care about the what country or state either.... thats why it has caused numerous nations to act simarly against it.... China, Korea, Iran, italy, brazil, austrailia, germany, America and many more......
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yea the second wave is happening now. I could see businesses having to close again at some point before 2020 is over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

DFFSBA gets it. Couldn't have said it better.
It ain't over until it's over.
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 1:34 pm Yea the second wave is happening now. I could see businesses having to close again at some point before 2020 is over.
The closing of those businesses is going to be timed around the October timeframe. And I will absolutely support any of those businesses that give the big old middle finger to Wolf.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I would imagine for many states right now the reclosing of businesses will be in july and august, since cases are rising fast now.

All this hate for Wolf yet PA was one of the most successful at dealing with Covid-19..... Question if your kid gets an A on a test after studying heavily for it do you give them the finger when they want to do it again for the next test?