Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Linebacker55
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Linebacker55 »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: July 15th, 2020, 8:05 pm So the PIAA punted and put it in Wolf's hands. Lombardi is spineless.
^^Exactly. Now PIAA will never be the "bad guy"
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Linebacker55 wrote: July 15th, 2020, 5:31 pm PIAA says they are moving forward with fall sports as scheduled..... Interesting.
I will believe it when they are playing.. Like I said it will only take one kid to test positive for it to end.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The Johnstown Collegiate Baseball season is now at the 20 game mark. It can happen.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I kind of like the idea of switching spring and fall sports. I know some states have that proposal out there.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

exactly knowitall and thank you...so I guess the Johnstown baseball commissioner is spineless as well as was mentioned by someone on here since they are still playing?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

costanza wrote: July 15th, 2020, 11:24 pm exactly knowitall and thank you...so I guess the Johnstown baseball commissioner is spineless as well as was mentioned by someone on here since they are still playing?
I don’t think that’s what they are inferring. There is still a decent chance the PIAA doesn’t play this season, but they will throw any decisions to the higher ups rather than make a decision on their own.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

The higher authority will ultimately make the decision anyway. If Wolf doesn't want them to play, they won't. Remember, he's the one that closed the schools, not the districts.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Fall Sports

Post by ERAChamp »

knowitall wrote: July 15th, 2020, 10:53 pm The Johnstown Collegiate Baseball season is now at the 20 game mark. It can happen.
As I've said earlier there are MANY rec leagues playing for going on a month now, including indoor basketball, and there have been ZERO problems. If you don't want your kid to go to school or play sports, that is fine, but it CAN be done safely and without these draconian safety measures they are putting on schools. A positive test should not mean that EVERYTHING needs to be shut down. We ALL need a BIG dose of common sense!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I’m sure Wolf will make the big call for the PIAA, but I’m assuming a number of individual school districts may suspend athletics before a state ruling. Going back to To the basketball playoffs there were some individual schools deciding before the state did.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Virginia cancelled HS FB in the Fall.

There is still time, but if this hasn't gotten under control in 4 months how will it in a few weeks? Yesterday restrictions really hurt, especially with 25% capacity. How are they busing kids to games or being in the locker room together?
Last edited by PaSportsGuy on July 16th, 2020, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.