Penn Cambria

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Penn Cambria

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Even though I live 1 school district beside PC, I don’t know much about them. 3-0 beating a powerhouse in Central, are they maybe the team to beat in LHAC?
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn Cambria

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Powerhouse? They made a run in a weak bracket last year, ran up huge numbers on teams that were significantly weaker, and probably should be 0- 3 presently. BG beat themselves, Richland beat them without star Graydon Lewis. Penn Cambria was significantly better in the second half.

Bedford vs Penn Cambria might be a better evaluation of how good Penn Cambria is.

But hey the way this board works, Central is the best 1-2 team.

Coach Felus at Penn Cambria has done an outstanding job getting buy in and having kids work together as a team. Could be the best qb guru locally.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: September 10th, 2022, 11:27 am Powerhouse? They made a run in a weak bracket last year, ran up huge numbers on teams that were significantly weaker, and probably should be 0- 3 presently. BG beat themselves, Richland beat them without star Graydon Lewis. Penn Cambria was significantly better in the second half.

Bedford vs Penn Cambria might be a better evaluation of how good Penn Cambria is.

But hey the way this board works, Central is the best 1-2 team.

Coach Felus at Penn Cambria has done an outstanding job getting buy in and having kids work together as a team. Could be the best qb guru locally.
Last years Central team was one of the best teams in recent memory from this area. I wouldn’t call the completion they faced weak. Dominated the LHAC and took the eventual state champs down to the final minutes. This years team is obviously not on the same level as that team. They also have faced 3 of the top 4 teams probably in the league this year in their first 3 games. Their defense is struggling. Lewis for Richland didn’t get hurt until the 4th quarter against Central. Hopefully he is able to return this year, Richland won’t be the same team without him.

Penn Cambria is a good team. Harrold a strong, tough QB. Looking forward to their matchup with BG next week.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: September 10th, 2022, 11:27 am

Or he has been the beneficiary of a talented senior group that included a D1/D2 QB prospect
Penn1971
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Penn1971 »

If you look at Nick Felus' background, he coached as an assistant/OC in Eastern Pa. and developed a reputation as an outstanding developer of QBs.

Has he benefitted by the quality of this QB? Obviously, yes.

However, my guess is that he will develop more quarterbacks at PC, though perhaps none of the quality of Harrold. Inherting a QB like Harrold is one thing, but developing him and allowing him to progress is the sign of a very good coach.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Keep in mind there is another Harrold on the PC roster, a soph. I believe. Maybe more in the family, IDK.
It ain't over until it's over.
Penn1971
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Penn1971 »

Good point. We shall see.