LHAC releases its sections in HS sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC releases its sections in HS sports

Post by davesandstorm »

footballfan1 wrote: October 16th, 2022, 6:59 pm Can someone list the section Huntingdon would be in, please? Just curious if their schedule even changes much.
Huntingdon is in a section section with Bellwood, BG, Central, and Tyrone.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Interesting conversation. Bellwood isn’t even going to have won the ICC it’s final two years so perhaps they are leaving at the wrong time?? Maybe just one down year perhaps…

And Huntingdon better improve drastically. They may have been better suited to move to the ICC perhaps. For football anyway… the other sports is probably why they didn’t (or maybe the ICC didn’t want them for that reason… )

Anyway.. should be fun to see
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Huntingdon could have been in the new North and Claysburg could have switched to the south. They have a lot of history and tradition so I would think they’ll bounce back. Like P-O, they are a bigger school that might have been a problem for the smaller A schools. If they would turn it around at a school that size they could become a big matchup problem. I remember when both of these schools were pounding people.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Coach wrote: October 16th, 2022, 10:20 pm Huntingdon could have been in the new North and Claysburg could have switched to the south. They have a lot of history and tradition so I would think they’ll bounce back. Like P-O, they are a bigger school that might have been a problem for the smaller A schools. If they would turn it around at a school that size they could become a big matchup problem. I remember when both of these schools were pounding people.
That’s a fair point. You would think eventually both of those schools would come back around
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

footballfan1 wrote: October 16th, 2022, 6:59 pm Can someone list the section Huntingdon would be in, please? Just curious if their schedule even changes much.
West 1: Bishop McCort Catholic, Greater Johnstown, Richland, Somerset and Westmont Hilltop.

West 2: Bedford, Central Cambria, Chestnut Ridge, Forest Hills and Penn Cambria.

East 1: Bellwood-Antis, Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic, Central, Huntingdon and Tyrone.

East 2: Bald Eagle Area, Bellefonte, Clearfield, Penns Valley and Philipsburg-Osceola.

Teams will play all four section opponents, three members of the same geographic section along with two crossover games with one member from each opposite geographic section.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Lets pick the section winners now. W1- Richland. W2- Bedford or Ridge. E1- Central. E2-Clearfield.
It ain't over until it's over.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Coach wrote:Huntingdon could have been in the new North and Claysburg could have switched to the south. They have a lot of history and tradition so I would think they’ll bounce back. Like P-O, they are a bigger school that might have been a problem for the smaller A schools. If they would turn it around at a school that size they could become a big matchup problem. I remember when both of these schools were pounding people.
What is the split of the “New” north and south in the ICC? Claysburg is already in the south.

Has anything been released on how the ICC will realign for football and other sports for 2023?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

HSD6FAN wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:30 pm
Coach wrote:Huntingdon could have been in the new North and Claysburg could have switched to the south. They have a lot of history and tradition so I would think they’ll bounce back. Like P-O, they are a bigger school that might have been a problem for the smaller A schools. If they would turn it around at a school that size they could become a big matchup problem. I remember when both of these schools were pounding people.
What is the split of the “New” north and south in the ICC? Claysburg is already in the south.

Has anything been released on how the ICC will realign for football and other sports for 2023?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume it's going North/South with the D6 teams and Curwensville in the North and the District 5 teams in the South? That makes the most logical sense and would be 8 in the North and 7 in the South.

For all other sports, are the other non-Football Westpac teams coming along as well? It could be split up into three or more sections for those sports.
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Rumorman78 »

Since we are speculating. what will happen to the smaller schools from the west pac who do not have football? For example Rockwood, Shade, Turkey Foot, Salisbury, Shanksville. I realize they co-op in some sports, but still remain independent in softball , baseball , basketball etc.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

ICC realignment for non-football will be similar to what the LHAC did. 4 Divisions. 3 would've been nice but not easy to break it up that way geograpically and awkward when it comes to selecting 4 teams for league post season championships.

NORTH- Curwensville, W.Branch, Mo Valley, Glendale, J.Valley, Williamsburg
SOUTH- S.Fulton, McConnellsburg, Fannett-Metal, Forbes Road, Everett
EAST- Claysburg, Mt. Union, S.Huntingdon, NBC, Tussey Mt.
WEST- Berlin, Windber, N.Star, Meyersdale, Rockwood

Rockwood is in the ICC....other old westpac members are now independents or maybe keeping westpac together, idk. Salisbury, Ferndale, Blacklick, Shade, Shanksville, Turkeyfoot....maybe missing one or two.