2023 LHAC Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2023 LHAC Football

Post by southpaw »

Wow how truly clueless people are on here about transfers.

Left-eye- Teacher-Student ratio at FCA- more individual attention per student!
"I'm your huckleberry"
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Southpaw-

That is true... that HS teacher they have would definitely be able to offer more attention to the entire enrollment..

Side note.. I dont consider this a CR or recruiting issue..
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

southpaw wrote: August 17th, 2023, 10:36 am Wow how truly clueless people are on here about transfers.

Left-eye- Teacher-Student ratio at FCA- more individual attention per student!
Please fill us in Southpaw. So this kid DIDN'T leave Bedford for the Christian Academy so he could attend Ridge without moving? I mean, not sure what is untrue about that statement? And whether he is a JR or SR it is still against PIAA rules.

What about the 2 others using this one room building to circumvent the transfer rules? Why parents would want their kid in what looks like a schoolhouse from 1872, is beyond me. Won't prepare them for college
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Being a JR or SR does NOT make you ineligible to compete unless Athletic Intent is claimed (sending school) and found to be true in a PIAA hearing if contested.

The rule I believe you are alluding to is POST SEASON ELIGIBILITY. A JR or SR who competed in that sport the previous year at a previous school is INELIGIBLE for the post season tournament/playoffs unless they meet some very specific criteria (examples are moving due to parents military deployment or job change forced a move).
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Head Roadie wrote: August 17th, 2023, 1:39 pm Being a JR or SR does NOT make you ineligible to compete unless Athletic Intent is claimed (sending school) and found to be true in a PIAA hearing if contested.

The rule I believe you are alluding to is POST SEASON ELIGIBILITY. A JR or SR who competed in that sport the previous year at a previous school is INELIGIBLE for the post season tournament/playoffs unless they meet some very specific criteria (examples are moving due to parents military deployment or job change forced a move).
THANK YOU! I knew there was some 10th grade rule, just wasn't sure what it was. Rumor I heard last night in town, was Bedford was going to appeal this. I have a old friend that coaches, and said there is a lot of story behind this one.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

Who is the kid transferring? Does Somerset, Hyndman, Northern Bedford, Holidaysburg, Everett, Connecticut, West Virginia not care about kids Transferring.
I get Ridge had better coaching and a much better schedule, but then their Ridge loyal complain about other schools who bring kids in. Pot calling kettle black.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

One more time, can you folks take this dumpster fire to the wrestling thread? It's HS FOOTBALL season, and locally we'd like to discuss that on here w/o a wrestling derailment.
It ain't over until it's over.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Manfred wrote: August 17th, 2023, 5:31 pm One more time, can you folks take this dumpster fire to the wrestling thread? It's HS FOOTBALL season, and locally we'd like to discuss that on here w/o a wrestling derailment.
Right.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

So back to football. Any suggestions for a good opening week game? A group of us travel to the good ones. Suggestions for local places with good wings, burgers, and cold beer near that game will also be accepted.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Bishop Guilfoyle at Bald Eagle week 1 interests me a lot.

Also transfer does not wrestle Manfred. This is a football transfer that impacts Chestnut Ridge. It does follow a pattern with CR wrestling which is interesting but it does not involve wrestling whatsoever.