20 years of Bleacher Coaches

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 20 years of Bleacher Coaches

Post by southpaw »

old school wrote: September 6th, 2023, 1:57 pm I've been a member since September 4th 2003. I remember when the days leading up to the Bedford/CR wrestling matches there were hundreds of post on the subject.
Beat me by a day! How's retirement?
"I'm your huckleberry"
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

The old days on here were awesome! I wish we could have figured out a way to be Facebook before Facebook existed. We had some members making profiles and all that stuff. I remember BerlinSoccerChick (however it was spelled) was Maggie Samole and she married one of the Bedford guys she met on here. One of my best friends also married a girl from Hyndman through a connection made on here. I think that's pretty wild. We were the local snapchat/facebook/twitter before they all existed! I think this site was also a springboard for Jim Hammett in many ways and helped lead him on the path that he is currently on.

There have been some great discussions on here for sure. It can happen again...we need some people to add some content! There were and are some great writers on this site!

I could definitely do without all the crazy posts that led to phone calls to me from people. I didn't keep up with so much of the stuff and all the sudden there would be some blow up that was out of my control. It also made some meeting awkward at first when I joined the coaching ranks and people knew about this site and my involvement with it.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

Absolutely LOVE this site!!! Been on it under a few profiles over the years. Hope the next 20 years are as good as the last!!!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I joined 12/7/04 and have enjoyed visiting this site from time to time since. I really enjoyed when the College/Pro Sports forum was rocking with some very good local college sports banter. I've seen a lot of people come and go but many of you I have seen consistently pop up from time to time over the last few decades. Crazy to think that high school kids that we discussed on here in the early days are now in their late 30s and have their own kids coming through high school sports.

I have noticed a nice amount of diversity over the years. I know coaches, players, fans, parents, officials, administrators, and more have frequented this site. It really can provide a "full perspective" of all the topics being discussed. 20 years has seen massive shifts in populations, conference realignments, co-ops forming, coaching changes, rule changes, classification changes, State title runs, and more. All of which I gained a little more insight from this site. For that, I want to give all involved keeping this site running a big THANK YOU!

Most of the people that have been here for the long haul have always been respectful and knowledgeable about some facet of local high school/college sports. You can see the people that created an account for nothing more than some personal "vendetta" a mile away. Usually once their issue resolves itself (their kid graduates, the coach they don't like resigns/is fired, the official that screwed them over becomes a long lost memory, etc.) they are gone and thankfully gone forever.

I hope that now that the local universities (Pitt and Penn State) both are playing some good football and basketball maybe that part of the site can rekindle a little bit. I used to post in there a lot more but it just lost steam over the years.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

southpaw wrote: September 7th, 2023, 8:27 am
old school wrote: September 6th, 2023, 1:57 pm I've been a member since September 4th 2003. I remember when the days leading up to the Bedford/CR wrestling matches there were hundreds of post on the subject.
Beat me by a day! How's retirement?
Loving it. Just got back from spending a week at the beach.

I remember the Mangus boys were talking about Bleachercoaches at practice and I went home and made a profile.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
formerbcplayer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by formerbcplayer »

I am not very active (84 posts since 10/7/04) and really only come here now around football season to get updates since it has been a minute since I have lived in PA. I can over from LHsports.